Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikita's Hi-end Pc....

jetje's Avatar former star
    for that price put in a raid controller and an additional disk make it Raid 5...

So you make it a pretty safe system seeing you gonna use it for work as well!
    also the raid controller gives you back the ide ports which you can use for other things now... (or more disks&#33.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    @jetje - thx for the tip, that's what i'll do.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Every couple of days or so, I'll be posting an update to the DECIDED only parts. Once I'm done with the basic components, then I'll continue on the assembling processing, after that follows the testing of hardware and installing windows. 2 steps closer to finish and I'll be working the best possible tweaking for everything in that PC and last but not least install KL++ and share the almost 8K+ files i've been collecting.
    each finished process will include some pix (as small as possible) and guide. Hopefully the next person around thinks of something similar, will have a guide to follow or consider.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You haven't mentioned what you're going to house all these goodies in...

May I recommend LianLi
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    @Cloker - thx for the reminder, a naked PC would be like a buffet line for hackerz
    added to the to do list.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    BANNED
    i know you are getting a much better one but just puting my 2cents in
    don't mind me i'm tierd as hell
    and ofcourse sony baby

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17

The Thermaltake Xaser III V1000A Super Tower is an exciting new design packed with features in a very solid package. Fitted with no less than 7 80x80x25mm Silent Fans the Xaser III provides all the cooling you could ever want. It features innovative built-in multi-function display provides has 4 adjustable fan speed controls with temperature monitoring and an adjustable alarm function. A handy flap on the top of the case conceals 2 x USB2.0 and 2 x Firewire ports plus microphone and speaker connections. Note - not supplied with PSU.

- Windowed sidepanel
    - 7 fans 80mm silent fans - 2 x front w/air filter, 2 x rear w/fan holder, 2 x side w/air filter, 1 x top w/fan holder
    - 12 drive bays - External 4 x 5.25", 2 x 3.25" - Internal - 6 x 3.5"
    - Record & adjust Temp. pre-set
    - Temp. Alarm Function
    - °C / °F display switch
    - 4 channel adjustable fan speed knob
    - Thermaltake elegant E-LED blue light in front panel
    - All aluminum front panel
    - Two way lock in front panel
    - 2 x USB2.0, 2 x IEEE 1394 Firewire ports, 1 x Mic & 1 x Speaker socket
    - Dimensions 20.9" X 8.1" X 20.5"

$120 roughly + $90 TruePower psu

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    @MM - why am i not suprised w/ur input and btw, ur 2cents cost thousands of dollars, why do that when i can pay $80 a month for one year?
    @all - sony is sending me a plasma HDTV to test for 6 months and have the choice to either return it or keep it with the above terms (obviosly u know the answer) and wish I can create a hash to share with all of u.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    @ilw - WOW that's to my taste, thx and looks like this one maybe the winner.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by nikita69@29 September 2003 - 14:46
    @ilw - WOW that's to my taste, thx and looks like this one maybe the winner.
    Yeah it does look good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast