Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you really watch all movies that you download from Trackers??

I’m more into collecting movies, so I usually just download and burn dvds.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    I want to watch the things I download, but whether or not they actually get watched depends, in part, on my wife's overriding vote.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    MODERATION BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    i watch like 60% from i DL

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Really glad I have the option to download instead of renting or buying. At least disappointments only cost some time and bandwidth.
    Legally you don't
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I don't watch any of the movies I download. They're downloaded to just fill up my hard drive, thus increasing my e-penis.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    Really glad I have the option to download instead of renting or buying. At least disappointments only cost some time and bandwidth.
    Legally you don't
    When the industry puts out a good movie they make money regardless of downloading. Also, copyright laws were not meant to be used against consumers. The lawsuits that are being filed are essentially an extortion scheme against individuals who cannot defend themselves against large corporations.

If I can't watch it for free, I don't need to see it.I would like to be able to support/reward good films and film making by buying them. I used to buy all of the exceptional films. I can't bring myself to support an anti-consumer industry anymore.

I am just countering the notion, not you, iLOVENZB.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Crack Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post

Legally you don't
    When the industry puts out a good movie they make money regardless of downloading. Also, copyright laws were not meant to be used against consumers. The lawsuits that are being filed are essentially an extortion scheme against individuals who cannot defend themselves against large corporations.

If I can't watch it for free, I don't need to see it.I would like to be able to support/reward good films and film making by buying them. I used to buy all of the exceptional films. I can't bring myself to support an anti-consumer industry anymore.

I am just countering the notion, not you, iLOVENZB.
    Well put...I pretty much have the same point of view regarding copyright laws.

In regards to the movies I leech, anything I dl I intend on watching. Sometimes, however, I just don't have the time...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    The lawsuits that are being filed are essentially an extortion scheme against individuals who cannot defend themselves against large corporations.
    No individual can win against large corporations in any situation.

I would like to be able to support/reward good films and film making by buying them.
    You don't have to buy the movie, album, app to support the director, artist or developer, you can buy merchandise like Action figures.

I believe that X-Men: Wolverine made about 30% of its profits by merchandise which include pencil cases, action figures, bags etc.

I agree 100% with your view but if you were trying to make money off a world like today you'll have to try very hard.

Look at the perspective of the Director, Artist and Developer's out there.

You can't help but say "Pwned" to Microsoft

PS. Has anyone read the BBC interview of ThePirateBay a few years back? It's got some powerful points there.

The views from The Pirate Bay ironically there is a torrent on TPB

Google "BBC Click - Pirate Bay Interview 29.11-2007" for the video, or stream it on the BCC

EDIT: http://digg.com/tech_news/The_Pirate...nterview_Video
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 07-12-2009 at 04:29 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    iLOVENZB-

Regardless of where they head in the future, TPB will have a lasting legacy for what they have done over the years.

I worked on a "low budget" movie (out of Hollywood)a little over a year ago. The directors, stars, cast, and crew all got paid very well- regardless of the movie's ultimate profit or loss. I still have not seen the movie released, but we all got paid. Investing in a picture would be risky- that is when someone would have to place their bets wisely. People don't pay to see "bombs" like they used to.

The article you posted did have many great points. One of the best, which you already pointed out, was merchandising. Another huge one in the article is product placement. Look at all the toys and cars and trucks in Transformers- bet everyone knows the brand...and recognizes the new models. The movie industry has not slowed down one bit. Look at all of the movies that are available to us.

Isn't the new Harry Potter coming out tonight? I am certain that it will do hundreds of millions of dollars- plus toys, etc. I know my wife is excited- she has all of the books in hardback.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    No matter the content, I only download what I'm going to use. So yes I watch every movie that I download(haven't really grabbed any lately though).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast