Thread: Audiobook questions

Lo all

So im trying to get into some audio books, i want to listen to them using a car radio that has a CD player, trouble is that when looking around most if not all audio books are in mp3 format.

My car radio on plays cd's so i guess that WMA files, not mp3's is there a way to play mp3 on a car radio, also most of the files are bordering 700mb so im guessing youre going to tell me to convert mp3 to wma? but this will surely take me over the 700mb limit of a CD and will only fit onto a DVD which the radio will not read.

Halp!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Most pc's come with a program that burns mp3's to cd, and those cd's will play on all cd players

http://nzbmatrix.com/nzb.php?cat=49
    Pimpn aint easy ®

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Thx for the reply, ill have a look around

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I would recommend Infrarecorder or CDBurnerXP. Make sure you open the project as an AUDIO CD not a DATA CD. You'll be able to fit 80 minutes of audio on each cd.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    you should just buy an mp3 audio deck. a typical 4 minute mp3 MUSIC file encoded at 192kbps is about 5 1/2 MB. so imagine the amount of audio book data you could put on a cd, considering that audio books are typically encoded at 64kbps or lower.

p.s. nero AND winamp PRO both convert mp3 to cda [cd audio] as you burn them... provided you chose 'audio cd' as eyeballer already noted.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    If all your car player will play is standard cd's (wave), or WMA (windows), then anything else from mp3 to aac to whatever is not going to play.

There are tons of programs out there, as pointed out by others, that will transcode between formats, for commercial, and free.

I've got tons of spoken word stuff on mp3/cd's, one can get 10+ books on each cd, which is nice. As I just got through putting in a new player in my car, virtually everything out there plays every format imaginable, both optical and through usb (thumbdrive or ipod or whatever as long as it has a usb port).

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    newsgroupie
    Have you seen these FM-transmitters that will play MP3s on flash memory sticks and transmit the audio to your car's FM radio?

http://www.amazon.com/Car-MP3-Transm.../dp/B000O3PLYS

I got one of these things several years ago when they first came out. There is also a jack on the side to plug in an iPod or portable player. The sound is audibly below CD-quality, but it's fine for listening to audiobooks, rap, etc. It saves burning stacks of disks that you might use only once.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Why do nubs always try to make things harder then what it is ... get a program and burn your cd's

Pimpn aint easy ®