Thread: Torrentech Invite needed

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone would be awesome enough to send me an invite to Torrentech. Many thanks in advance.

email: warrengpd at gmail dot com

http://www.speedtest.net/result/516861494.png

nevermind, don't need one. thanks anyway.
    Last edited by warrengpd; 07-14-2009 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Hi warrengpd,

I saw your request and read your previous posts. Found it kinda strange that you mention "not having anything to trade" in a couple of them.

You have not traded yet, and it seems that you don't have anything. It might be a good time to decide if you are interested in trading or not.

A lot of the members here seriously disapprove of trading invites. After all, why would we give out an invite for you to pass it on to someone else with our account attached?

If you decide that you do not want to be classified as a "trader" then it might be in your best interest to stop mentioning trades or not having anything to trade.

Good luck! Hope to see you around more. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    Hey megabyteme,

Thanks for taking to time to write a reply. Someone was kind enough to give me a Torrentech invite in their irc channel because I asked. I was hoping to get an invite through the board but it turned out okay.

I didn't know that users disapprove of trades because there is a whole forum dedicated to that so I'll keep that in mind next time. Also, it is true that I don't have much to trade other than what I mentioned so I'm just relying on someone's generosity to allow me access to the more elite bt sites. In any case, thanks again.

All the best,
    -w

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    There is a split amongst members. Some are here to trade, others are strongly against it.

I am biased, but I believe the most sincere members who are interested in becoming involved in the BT communities are the ones who stay away/are philosophically opposed to trading.

There are a lot of people who are trying to "wheel and deal" their way into "elite sites", but their accounts could be disabled at any time. It is also true that many sites do not like boards like this at all. For some of us, this is a far more accessible way of learning about the good communities and building relationships with those who have access.

To me, trading fails in both respect for the sites and also the relationships that can be built on trust.

Good luck, warrengpd! Just get involved in this community and (my recommendation of staying away from trades) and you will find yourself in many of the sites that you are looking for. After awhile, you will even be able to give invites to those sites yourself.

MBM
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.