Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for uTorrent $20/month

Economy 1 - 3 are on Kimsufi's Intel Celeron 1.20+ GHz. That barely can handle 1 person, so it's so obvious. But an Intel Xeon Quad 4x 2.83+ GHz can easily handle 4 people if not more.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by redguard View Post
    Economy 1 - 3 are on Kimsufi's Intel Celeron 1.20+ GHz. That barely can handle 1 person, so it's so obvious. But an Intel Xeon Quad 4x 2.83+ GHz can easily handle 4 people if not more.
    Economy 4 has 8 users not 4.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    "If not more". 1 core from a quad-core behaves differently than the only core in a single-core machine. Besides, there's a difference in frequency. Why do I explain this?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by redguard View Post
    "If not more". 1 core from a quad-core behaves differently than the only core in a single-core machine. Besides, there's a difference in frequency. Why do I explain this?
    Yeah, I wonder why you tried explaining anything coz you're just plain wrong.

If you're comparing 1 core from a multi-core CPU to the only core from a single-core CPU, there is no difference as long as the process & threads stay within that core-affinity. And yes, multi-core CPU's generally clock at lower GHz than single-cores but in the event both frequencies are the same, the benchmark is 99% the same where only 1% varies due to L1, L2 and possibly L3.

Without this, not a single company on this planet would be able to provide linear-scaling for their applications and would need to rewrite some software and make custom test-beds for every single customer. Hell, even buying a copy of OSX or Windows would take weeks to complete since you had to submit all of your machine-specs.
    Last edited by FransTormer; 08-04-2009 at 02:37 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by FransTormer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    Wouldn't you have to be the only person on the box to get speeds like that?
    Why would you? If others are not using their share heavily, you can basically max out the remainder of the server yourself...
    Apparently ultraseed limit the speed for each person as my plan economy 3 was shared among 4 users on 100 mbps line, they said i should expect speed around 2.5mb/sec not above... This mean they limit the speed for each user. so it doesn't matter if the other users on the server not using it.
    My speed was only able to go up to 3 mb/sec for a few sec.. never past that. upload the highest i can get is like 700 kb/sec

BTW it is economy plan 3

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    http://www.superseedbox.com/seedbox.html

i got the bronze plan. i have to say its super fast. EXCELLENT customer service and super user friendly

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Yay for becoming a haven for seedbox advertisers. As to OP, why would you need to be restricted to USD? There are plenty of good sites that charge in other currencies, paypal can convert it very easily.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Last edited by blam; 08-11-2009 at 08:46 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Couldn't you guys be even a *little* bit discreet?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123