Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Duplicate Files

  1. #1
    Ok here is what I want to happen, whenever a file is saved to a location, I want that file to be copied to another folder somewher else on the computer. This needs to happen silently, w/o any other users knowing that it is happening. IS thus possible, and if so please let me know how.

    On a related note, I also want this folder password protected, I am using XP but all users use the same login so standard windows paswording does not work that way. I know that I can mark it hidden and I will probably just do that unless there is a way to actually pasword protect the folder.

    Thx for any names all.

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar 3μ|\|(7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,585
    Originally posted by toddiscool@29 September 2003 - 23:19
    Ok here is what I want to happen, whenever a file is saved to a location, I want that file to be copied to another folder somewher else on the computer. This needs to happen silently, w/o any other users knowing that it is happening. IS thus possible, and if so please let me know how.

    On a related note, I also want this folder password protected, I am using XP but all users use the same login so standard windows paswording does not work that way. I know that I can mark it hidden and I will probably just do that unless there is a way to actually pasword protect the folder.

    Thx for any names all.
    You could use a spanned volume. But for some reason I think thats beyond the scope of what you want.

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by shn@30 September 2003 - 00:32
    You could use a spanned volume. But for some reason I think thats beyond the scope of what you want.
    If you say so, I must admit that i do not know what that is. All that these will be are small .txt files, I dunno if that matters or not. The program that makes these files is given a target directory, is it possible to give it two target directories?

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

    I hate do this but I really need to figure this out so, bump

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    5,873
    If u had a way of this to happen with every file being copyed and what not.. The folder would Fill up fast. (just playing a game is copying quite a bit of files)

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@30 September 2003 - 21:05
    If u had a way of this to happen with every file being copyed and what not.. The folder would Fill up fast. (just playing a game is copying quite a bit of files)
    I only want one folder to be duplicated, they will just be small text files, created by a program.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •