Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Tips on burning movie to DVD..

ok first I've never really burn a movie file into a dvd before to be able to play it on a dvd player so I can watch it on tv.

I've only burn a file onto dvd once before and it work perfectly on a dvd player. However the file I downloaded was an ISO file and I used ImgBurn and I burned the ISO file into a dvd. The burning process was a success. The dvd video from the ISO was set up perfectly that the DVD played out on my dvd player with all the menus intact perfectly. So I know that if anything is in ISO file I can use ImgBurn and burn it into a DVD and I should be able to play it on my DVD player nicely like it was the real dvd.

However for say movies, if I wanted to burn a movie file into a DVD and have it play out on the DVD player, would I need to look for movies that are set up in ISO format? Before I normally just download whatever movie and watch it on PC with Window Media Player. But honestly I don't really want to watch movies on PC no more. I like to be able to burn it onto a DVD and watch it on big screen TV.

Need tips on what files I should look out for and what application I need for this, please.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I just browse for Xvid or dvd-r and use winrar and ConvertXodvd .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    nonamevn622's Avatar NONameVN622

Cool

I think you should use ConvertXtoDVD video converter.

Homepage: Video formats supported: avi, divx, xvid, mov, mkv, flv , mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg-, nsv, dvr-ms, ts, ifo, vob, asf, wmv, realmedia, rm, rmvb, ogm,...
    NONameVN622!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Would ImgBurn work or only ConvertXtoDVD? So if I take an avi movie and use ConverntXtoDVD, I can burn that Avi into a real dvd and have it play on dvd player like normal?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ConvertXtoDVD can both convert AVI files to DVD format and burn it to your DVDs, so you don't need ImgBurn anymore . You can play your DVDs like normal!
    NONameVN622!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    keemosabi's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    Would ImgBurn work or only ConvertXtoDVD? So if I take an avi movie and use ConverntXtoDVD, I can burn that Avi into a real dvd and have it play on dvd player like normal?
    You would have to use a program like ConvertXtoDVD to burn the .avi file to a DVD because ImgBurn can only really work with a .iso file. A program like ConvertXtoDVD can convert the .avi file to a format that a DVD/DVD Player can read. I prefer the program DVD Flick, which you can find here, http://www.dvdflick.net/ because it is open source, free, and supports a great deal of codecs.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    As everyone else have said, use ConvertXtoDVD, its pretty easy, but it takes time.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    In terms of getting the movie I notice that most are 700mb in size but they are just movie. Is there any way to tell if its a full movie with extras and menu options in the torrent file? I prefer getting one with all the menu and extras option that a dvd movie normally have. But finding those kind of files are hard.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9

Smile

You want a full movie with extras and menu options? Just download full DVD torrents (a DVD is about 4.7GB, not 700MB).
    If you want to create your own menu. ConvertXtoDVD can
    Create DVD menus with different templates available, possibility to add background video, image or audio, have chapter and audio/subtitle menus
    NONameVN622!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Here's a site with guides to help , I'm use to deleting menus and extras with DVDshrink but here you go .

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

ConvertXtoDVD Guide :

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch...odvd_guide.cfm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast