Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Disk Issues

razorsharp013's Avatar Fountain of Wit
    I have had to run 3 defrag passes today and it's still not finishing the job. It seems everything is ok except my mp3s. I don't get it. When I check the stats there is still a bunch of them fragmented, 1 24MB mp3 having 371 fragments! WTF? After 3 passes?
    Anyone know what's going on?

edit: 10 minutes after posting this my computer restarted all by itself. Once it booted back up it froze. Then after I restarted it, it boots and says that the system has recovered from a serious error. Again, WTF? Oh yes, and all my firewall settings - Sygate Pro - were reset to default, like it was never set up before.
    I ran a virus scan before my first defrag pass and there was nothing......So what is going on?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Same problems here long time ago ,just uninstall it and get Diskeeper.

Again, WTF? Oh yes, and all my firewall settings - Sygate Pro - were reset to default, like it was never set up before.
    For me messed up Norton Firewall.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    is this program freeware? or has it been patched cracked or a commom serial been used on it?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If he 's talking about Perfect disk 6.0 is shareware but on the web is floating the full version.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    BANNED
    Originally posted by razorsharp013@30 September 2003 - 06:21
    I have had to run 3 defrag passes today and it's still not finishing the job. It seems everything is ok except my mp3s. I don't get it. When I check the stats there is still a bunch of them fragmented, 1 24MB mp3 having 371 fragments! WTF? After 3 passes?
    Anyone know what's going on?

edit: 10 minutes after posting this my computer restarted all by itself. Once it booted back up it froze. Then after I restarted it, it boots and says that the system has recovered from a serious error. Again, WTF? Oh yes, and all my firewall settings - Sygate Pro - were reset to default, like it was never set up before.
    I ran a virus scan before my first defrag pass and there was nothing......So what is going on?
    Mate try running scandisk and fix errors.Windows will have to reboot to doit.U could also tri norton windoctor and see if it can do anything.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    This turned out to be onlt the tip of the iceberg for my computer woes last night.

After those posts this morning, I had even more trouble. I was on emule and got this message from Windows.......
    A delayed write message saying, windows was unable to save the data to the specified folder and the data has been lost. It said the error was caused by either my comp. hardware or network connection.
    I got that message like 5 or 6 times last night.
    And while checking my logs just now I realized there is a ton of Perfect Disk errors saying it could not move those mp3s after numerous tries.
    And 2 tons of Symantec AV errors saying it could not scan a whole bunch of files.
    What the hell is going on?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

edit: I did run WinDoctor and DiskDoctor and they came up clean.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Assuming your drive is not full (>85%), i recommend you try Norton Systemworks. I know a lot of people think they are newbie tools, but only speed disc could defrag a badly messed up drive, owned by a friend of mine, that even Diskeeper Pro failed to defrag completely.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    As far as I know the only tools in System Works that could help me out are Win and Disk Doctor and I've run them both. And my drive is 20gigs and only have full. Perfect disk did wind up getting everything.....except the mp3 files. I have speed disk, maybe I'll give that a try and see what happens.
    But what about those other problems?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Your other problems are probably due to bad fragmentation. That's why i'm suggesting that you use speed disc.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@30 September 2003 - 18:05
    Your other problems are probably due to bad fragmentation. That's why i'm suggesting that you use speed disc.   
    Ok, well I'll give it a go. ...But it takes so much longer than Perfect Disk! Well, wish me luck!

edit: Still excepting all replys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast