Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamacare

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

What will it cost Americans?

If your average yearly income is:

$80K:

Health care tax penalty (for not subscribing to health care, you get fined): $2,000
    Federal income tax on wages: $16,187
    NY state income tax: $5,083
    Misc taxes: $5,210
    35.48% of income to taxes

$235K

Federal income tax: $$79,191
    NY state tax: $19,976
    Healthcare tax hike (courtesy of the Dems): $2,850
    Misc taxes: $13,237
    40.44% of income to taxes

Couple earning $1.5 million

Federal income tax: $455,153
    NY state tax: $125,153
    Healthcare tax hike of 5.4%: $81K
    (fork over a whopping!!)56.92% in income taxes

If Obamacare is passed, 39 states would exceed 50% of peoples income going toward paying for taxes.

The list of reason to vote again this is huge.

Is there anyone who believes this is a good idea?
    Last edited by Skiz; 07-17-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo

yo

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Uh...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Uh...
    Agreed....
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    I can't find specifics, but I have heard anecdotally that those who have private insurance will have to pay the government a penalty anyway in order to finance the government's version.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I can't find specifics, but I have heard anecdotally that those who have private insurance will have to pay the government a penalty anyway in order to finance the government's version.
    In the UK if you take out private health insurance you still have to pay for National Health Insurance. It is not always pay your money you takes your choice;

When I had an Angiogram 11 years ago a fellow in the next bed was on private insurance. We both had to go for a triple bypasses. He got his three months before me.

Using the same surgeon, the same hospital and the same wards.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Were you edified by the fairness of the situation.

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Were you edified by the fairness of the situation.
    It would depend what the National Health Service was paid for both procedures. Including queue jumping, if it is possible to put a figure on that.

As to being edified. No.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Many people seem to think that would be preferred.
    Last edited by j2k4; 07-19-2009 at 12:28 AM.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    More to the point...
    Is there anyone who believes the "facts" you posted above are real?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Didn't think so.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    More to the point...
    Is there anyone who believes the "facts" you posted above are real?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Didn't think so.
    If you believe you're able to refute them, then by all means let's see your data. Mine comes for factcheck.org which prides itself in it's nonpartisan reporting. I think if you do you own research, you'll find they're quite accurate.

By the way, was that an "Aye"? The "Affordable Health Choices Act" is anything but. Where do you think the $trillion+ is going to come from? You will never save money by spending insane amounts of money. This is just one step closer to making a nationalized health care system that we've seen operate around the world and we see first hand how much citizens in other nations pay for it. It's not secret that queue jumping (which boab already mentioned) happens frequently and wait times for health care increase dramatically.

Over the past couple of years I have listened to Sqweeks vent about the incredible wait times she had while pregnant, then the hours of waiting once she finally got an appointment, then sometimes waited for hours in waiting rooms only to be turned away and told to try making another appointment. Brenda spoke of similar issues. One of our FST mods is currently battling cancer (not in the UK) and has spoken out adamantly of how terrible the system is in his country as well. He has done much of his treatment via private health care so he can get some. He is still on a waiting list for an MRI (which he paid for privately long ago) but just wants to see how long it will take the gov't to get him in. It's been over 18 months now and still running.

All of that on top of a friend of mine who grew up in England and Russia until she moved here at around the age of 25. She speaks out against this system like no one I've ever heard. I've even heard her mention that she feels like she's "re-living a nightmare" when thinking about having to deal with nationalized health care again.

The evidence of how these systems fail and the escalated cost of them is visible in numerous countries. What makes think our gov't will do any better?

Just look at how miserable veterans health care is. Or how about Medicare? Medicare is about to be bankrupt as is regardless of more and more money being pumped in to it every single year in an attempt to keep it afloat. Yet Obama wants to bring another gov't health care system in, which is basically a Medicare type system, into effect when not one of the current ones works. Again, why would you think this bill would do any better than privatized health care?

Apathy is destroying this country...quickly.
    Last edited by Skiz; 07-23-2009 at 05:30 AM.

yo

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast