Thread: Ryan Reynolds Is Green Lantern!!!

iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Ryan Reynolds Is Green Lantern!!!

Honestly, if Ryan Reynolds was interested from the get, I don't know why they bothered screen-testing Justin Timberlake and Bradley Cooper in the first place. Now had Michael Fassbender been in serious contention, that would've been a different story. But compared to Timberlake and Cooper, Reynolds just cuts a more classic leading man figure. He's also been poised on the brink of superstardom for years now, so why not finally nudge him over the edge?

GREEN LANTERN will be directed by the steady Martin Campbell. The screenplay is by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green. Principal photography should begin this January in Australia.

It goes without saying that this places Fox's Deadpool movie on hold.

Source: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41662
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Justin Timberlake? I didn't realize that the Green Lantern was a girl ( or the fat guy at Ain't It Cool was gay......not that there's anything wrong with it ).

I was going to add "Good choice lame actor to play lame super hero". but Ryan Reynolds really isn't that bad .Fassbender definitely would have been better though,

And Campbell isn't "steady",he's hot or cold but he can bring the action and the angst that the character requires though.

The best news that I got out of that whole thing is that the Deadpool movie is on hold.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    sw388's Avatar ms 360?
    he seems like a good fit

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    I agree, Reynolds is a good choice. Statham would have been nice, though

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    yes its cool like coolprince!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    yeah, good choice

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Perfect choice

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    pretty cool choice...

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by coccotti View Post
    I agree, Reynolds is a good choice. Statham would have been nice, though
    Yeah that would have worked but clearly Vinnie Jones would have been better.