Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making a torrent with files on server

Hi,

I have been using Torrentflux-b4rt for ages on my seedbox. The subscription ran out and today I purchased a cheap shared one from seedplace.eu, as it was recommended to me.

It only has FTP and utorrent WebUI. This is really annoying as I can't find a way to make torrent files. For example I am downloading Season 5 and 6 of something from one site, and I want to make torrents of each of these seasons to upload on another tracker. How can I do it?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    You can't make new torrents fomr the WebUI but as far as I can see, you have the ability to use NX and connect to the desktop?

Otherwise, but not always appreciated, you can upload .torrent from trackerA to trackerB and during the upload-process, the correct trackername and such will be completed.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hmmm, this is really annoying as it's the main thing I wanted to use my account for. Speeds are really good though what I've seen so far.

Only way I guess is grab it off the ftp (which I was going to eventually anyway) make the torrent file myself.

Is there no program you can use where the file directory is a direct ftp address?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    isnt there a way on utorrent to make a torrent like on torrentflux?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Not on the WebUI

However, I have managed, in the last 10 mins, to connect to my desktop with NX/Gnome! Thought this would be way too complicated for me, but it was all pretty simple. But I can't seem to open utorrent! Something obvious I'm doing wrong! I click it and it doesnt open, any ideas?

NO PROBLEM! Got it working. Using utorrent through NX/Gnome to make the torrent. All sorted!

Cheers
    Last edited by oliphillips; 07-20-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    which plan do you have with seedplace.eu? i was planning on gettin the shared start 1 with the preinstalled utorrent, sftp, and NX client. how do you like it so far? is it more complicated than torrentflux?
    im on a mac btw
    thanks

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by hannerbananers View Post
    which plan do you have with seedplace.eu? i was planning on gettin the shared start 1 with the preinstalled utorrent, sftp, and NX client. how do you like it so far? is it more complicated than torrentflux?
    im on a mac btw
    thanks
    Hi bud, you've been asking in several topics now how hard it is to use but obviously oblivious about using a Mac and other software than before. Maybe you should investigate/read/Google on uTorrent, WebUI, NX and so on if/how it can be used properly. Aside from the NX-connection, you don't need anything on your Mac (besides the usual browser and FTP-client)...
    Last edited by FransTormer; 07-20-2009 at 04:51 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FransTormer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hannerbananers View Post
    im on a mac btw
    thanks
    Hi bud, you've been asking in several topics now how hard it is to use but obviously oblivious about using a Mac and other software than before. Maybe you should investigate/read/Google on uTorrent, WebUI, NX and so on if/how it can be used properly. Aside from the NX-connection, you don't need anything on your Mac (besides the usual browser and FTP-client)...
    frans ive done my research and am still a little unclear so i want to get an answer from an direct user, which is what forums are for. if you can't help, please don't bother posting telling me to do my own research.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Probably easier than Torrentflux!

Literally just use the NX program to connect to your seedbox, then you can use utorrent as if its on your home pc. So easy seriously!

I'm on the 18 euros shared seedbox plan

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    how are your speeds since yoru shaared with 6 other users? i was on xirvik and on there i just put in the server address to connect to theri seedbox torrentflux.

with seedplace, do i just install the NX client on my mac, use that client to connect to the seedbox, and then use utorrent instead of torrent flux?

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast