Thread: Some question regarding uk ovh

I am planning to get an ovh uk .
    I would like to ask do they have any problem .. If i make a seedbox on their dedicated .. i would like to ask :~

1) Is ovh uk is happy with seedboxes in their servers ?

2) Can I seed "safely and peacefully" for both private and public trackers in their server ?

3) Besides sms validation what do i still need to do .. to create an account aka lease a server in there .. ?

Thanks in advance
    Your constructive reply really helps me ..

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    djerholler69's Avatar Love Bytes! BT Rep: +3
    1) technically OVH has posted on their forums that they prohibit seedbox/torrenting on their servers and would enforce a 3 warning rule, though I'm not so sure if it is fully enforced

2) I'd recommend to stay away from public trackers and use private trackers

3) not so sure with this one, because I usually get a mate to help me out, so I'd better not put any wrong comments!

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by studwo View Post

1) Is ovh uk is happy with seedboxes in their servers ?

2) Can I seed "safely and peacefully" for both private and public trackers in their server ?

3) Besides sms validation what do i still need to do .. to create an account aka lease a server in there .. ?

1) One thing is what they say -because they have to say it- and other very different itīs what they really feel, and I believe they are very happy with seedboxers.

2) You canīt seed "safely and peacefully" using public servers, not from a seedbox, not from your house. In this case OVH wouldnīt be very happy, in my opinion.

3) I think thatīs all.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    can you use ovh seedboxes in north america?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    djerholler69's Avatar Love Bytes! BT Rep: +3
    you can, but i think you need someone in the OVH supported countries to rent it for you