Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do people keep launching 0day sites?

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    People think they could do better so instead of helping to improve existing sites they create their own.
    Trackers are sort of like linux distros. If all the people creating new distros got together they could make an incredible operating system. Instead, they create their own for various reasons.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    its goes down like this..

A douche has been active on demonoid for a lifetime.. all of a sudden he stumbles upon WTAW Thread. He waits for a month, begs at a few places, tries to trade.. but that does him no good.
    Suddenly,as a result of a flash of genius, he decides that there is no better way than opening up a tracker of his own. He will be known as a "tracker Owner", and can consider himself leet enough.
    After a month of open signups, and wasting momma's hard earned cash on servers, he starts Spamming the member's inboxes for donations to keep his latest "venture" afloat.
    Soon, he can approach a few sites for invites claiming to be a well established entity wid a tracker of his own..and maybe, just maybe, try his luck wid a few hard to join sites..

thats how it goes wid most of da peeps.. sad. But its true!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    PTM 'nuff said.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    At least few months ago, and after seeing how things have been going on I am about to agree with squirr3l and stoi, in some cases for getting into high level trackers.
    unfortunate but true in most cases.
    Last edited by R0D3NT; 08-04-2009 at 12:30 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Zip's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0r View Post
    its goes down like this..

A douche has been active on demonoid for a lifetime.. all of a sudden he stumbles upon WTAW Thread. He waits for a month, begs at a few places, tries to trade.. but that does him no good.
    Suddenly,as a result of a flash of genius, he decides that there is no better way than opening up a tracker of his own. He will be known as a "tracker Owner", and can consider himself leet enough.
    After a month of open signups, and wasting momma's hard earned cash on servers, he starts Spamming the member's inboxes for donations to keep his latest "venture" afloat.
    Soon, he can approach a few sites for invites claiming to be a well established entity wid a tracker of his own..and maybe, just maybe, try his luck wid a few hard to join sites..

thats how it goes wid most of da peeps.. sad. But its true!
    You speak from experience I see.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Qlix's Avatar saving forever BT Rep: +1
    It looks like most people came to the conclusion that creating 0day trackers is lame/used for bad purposes, etc.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I dont know why my name was brought up in this convo lol

anyway i wont list all 0 day trackers but

TL = 150,000 members
    TB= 80,000 and probably 70% have TL
    S*C = 30,000 (i think) = 80% will have either TL or TB
    S*T = 20,000 (i think) = 90% will have either TL or TB or S*C
    F*N = 4,000 =99% will have 1 of the above

TPB = 20mil unique hits a day = a hell of a lot of room for more 0 day private trackers.
    Last edited by stoi; 07-23-2009 at 11:46 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I Hate to see any site shut down! The closure of TPB and others are probably a big part to why so many people are opening new trackers.
    Every time one does get shut down, a new one has replaced it. Except TPB, so far. That is how some great tracks started, as mentioned in the thread. What if they just gave up cause there was competition,too many other sites? Most of the sites we know of now would never have been created.

Last edited by pone44; 07-23-2009 at 01:14 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    stoi nails it with the numbers. There is a lot of room for more trackers, it's just that most of us don't care and most of the people who should care don't hear about them easily.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    i think sites like ipt and tl will get most of users other will continue using mininova and demonoid which are similar to tpb unlike 0 day trackers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast