Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VLC 1.0.0 hits 3 million downloads

good think somebody made a post about this program, updated last time two years ago.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    CloudDragon's Avatar Member
    VLC 1.0.0 itīs a good player, but the subtitles retarded and sometimes delay respect the video. Today, my election is MPlayer.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Retired
    1.0.1 was released last week

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skiz View Post
    i've found that windows media player home cinema works best for all my needs these days.
    +1

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Well VLC is the only program that allows me to watch XviD encoded movies/shows with minimal lag on my 1902 pile of sticks that I call a PC. Not even WMP has achieved this.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rippinitup4fun View Post
    VLC + Mplayer is all I need. I agree when it comes to HD material VLC just cannot handle it well enough compared to other players, hence the Mplayer.
    Fixed
    Touché mbucari1 Touché

May I ask what media player(s) that "You Need?" Sorry if I missed the post, just curious is all.

EDIT:
    Also why do you feel these player(s) that you use serve their purpose? No choppy video, AR correct off the bat, 1 click subtitle choice, etc... and what is your setup as far as HD content? Are you on an HTPC or using PCH or similar NMT? Also what is your TV setup in relation to that? If you do not mind me asking that is. Oh ya, while I am on the subject if it is one of the many NMT>HDTV setups that a lot of people are using now a days may I ask which exact NMT you are using and which chipset? Just curious is all. I mean the variety of choices out there now-a-days to watch HD content VIA the many containers and codec's. Be it in an MKV, TS or straight Blu-ray ISO container through a PC or other (Such as a NMT) has always interested me and I love to hear about peoples setups and how they view HD 720/1080p/i content. Things constantly evolve so I like to keep on top of it...Hobby of sorts.
    Last edited by rippinitup4fun; 08-09-2009 at 03:50 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    media classic too! It's Very Good

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123