Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Leech Vs. Share

  1. #1
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    40
    Comment....
    for those who prefer not to share....at least move files from your shared folders so those of us who DO follow the principle of file sharing. Nothing is more irritating than doing a file search, trying to start a download and finding that the file is unavailable.
    This doesn't mean I agree with leeching, just getting tired of trying to find a needle in a haystack sometimes.
    Still new to Kazaa....this may have been suggested before.

    Something to think about.....

  2. File Sharing   -   #2
    this doesn't make sense
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

  3. File Sharing   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    11,082
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@30 September 2003 - 14:59
    this doesn&#39;t make sense
    He saying if your not going to share atleast move it out of your shared folder so that it dosent show up in a search, and you get you hopes up.

  4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker+30 September 2003 - 23:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shad0w Hacker @ 30 September 2003 - 23:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob@30 September 2003 - 14:59
    this doesn&#39;t make sense
    He saying if your not going to share atleast move it out of your shared folder so that it dosent show up in a search, and you get you hopes up. [/b][/quote]
    yeah, i got the message, but do non-shared files actually show up in search?

    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

  5. File Sharing   -   #5
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    11,082
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+30 September 2003 - 15:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 30 September 2003 - 15:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@30 September 2003 - 23:01
    <!--QuoteBegin-3rd gen noob
    @30 September 2003 - 14:59
    this doesn&#39;t make sense

    He saying if your not going to share atleast move it out of your shared folder so that it dosent show up in a search, and you get you hopes up.
    yeah, i got the message, but do non-shared files actually show up in search?

    [/b][/quote]
    Yeah they show up, thats what sucks.

  6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@30 September 2003 - 23:03
    Yeah they show up, thats what sucks.
    well, you learn something new every day then...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

  7. File Sharing   -   #7
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    11,082
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+30 September 2003 - 15:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 30 September 2003 - 15:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Shad0w Hacker@30 September 2003 - 23:03
    Yeah they show up, thats what sucks.
    well, you learn something new every day then... [/b][/quote]
    The only reason i know is becuase i had a file that had 2 soiurces and it just sat there not connecting. If his download slots were full it would remotley que me. Also i check to see if he was sharing any files and nope. I may be wroung but i am pretty sure they show up.

  8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    40
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker+30 September 2003 - 23:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shad0w Hacker @ 30 September 2003 - 23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@30 September 2003 - 15:06
    <!--QuoteBegin-Shad0w Hacker
    @30 September 2003 - 23:03
    Yeah they show up, thats what sucks.

    well, you learn something new every day then...
    The only reason i know is becuase i had a file that had 2 soiurces and it just sat there not connecting. If his download slots were full it would remotley que me. Also i check to see if he was sharing any files and nope. I may be wroung but i am pretty sure they show up. [/b][/quote]
    All the better the reason to remove them from shared folders.... at least then you would have an idea of what files are ACTUALLY available for download......

    Correct me if I&#39;m wrong.....


  9. File Sharing   -   #9
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    11,082
    I think its a pretty good idea.

  10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,597
    Originally posted by GMC0529@30 September 2003 - 16:56

    All the better the reason to remove them from shared folders.... at least then you would have an idea of what files are ACTUALLY available for download......

    Correct me if I&#39;m wrong.....

    Your Wrong

    Shared = Shared
    Available = Available

    If it ain&#39;t shared, It ain&#39;t visible or available. Not in any list.

    Unless it&#39;s a fake list.

    And you don&#39;t want to stay connected to that source for long anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •