Thread: best torrent site for e-books

dwigt BT Rep: +1
    in .lit format

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    TidusBlade's Avatar Watermelon Knight BT Rep: +3
    Dunno why you want books in .lit and I don't think I've seen one. You're probably better off converting stuff to .lit, dunno much about it but I was able to find ConvertLIT.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Bibliotik has over 300 LIT torrents.
    Invites on IRC:
    #bibliotik-invites on IRC server irc.brokensphere.net.
    Direct Link: irc://irc.brokensphere.net/bibliotik-invites
    Last edited by filenetworks; 07-25-2009 at 12:23 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ebookvortex is not bad....but i am not sure about your .lit requirement.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    dwigt BT Rep: +1
    maybe i just need a good ereader to read my .pdf's and .doc's. i'm currently using Microsoft Reader. what do ya'll think?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    SideShowBob's Avatar Poster
    Forget ebookvortex only a few new torrents a day and v slow, Demonoid has loads (all kinds), elbitz (eLearning focused), ebookshare is public listing site and of course bitMe (I use these for programming eBooks, don't know what u want so ?).

I think that Palm lit is a format very much in decline and that you will need to (as u say) get another reader or convert once downloaded (which is best as then you are not tied to one device), on PPC I can read html, chm, pdf, lit, ....

Widespread generic non proprietary formats are best ASCII (text), html, rtf and html are portable and so much more user friendly if you want to read (or export to say text to speech) and not print. The big enemy of reading ebooks on a device (inc PC) with out printing is fixed layout.

IMHO html based is best as it is both rich and portable, acrobat is getting very old and very very very fat and is best suited to printing, screen reading in acrobat is unnecessary is awkward.

Good luck and don't forget to come back in a few months and post your answer to this thread so it will help others.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by biba View Post
    in .lit format
    What kind of books?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    demonoid is your best bet.

you can always try googling book title, it works.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    SideShowBob's Avatar Poster
    Just in-case u didn't know www.gutenberg.org is a project to archive all (almost) books that are in the public domain (out of copyright) for everyone to access freely, one of the great bits of the internet IMHO. (librivox.org for audio books, small but growing)