Thread: Ram Buying Advice

(>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Hi,

As usual I have ventured in here looking for a bit of advice. I have been offered two sets of barely second hand RAM ( only been tested/ran for about a week) and I wondered if anyone could tell me if I should part with my hard earned cash? Ok I have the option of 1 Gb Corsair XMS matched ddr RAM PC 3700 for about £150, or the same stuff but PC4000 for about £250. Can anyone give me their thoughts please, thanks.

Oh also I will need to get a new mobo if I go with this and wondered if someone could point me in the direction of a good mobo that will handle this RAM, UK shops only if you can manage.

Thanks

Zero

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Think you have to decide on a mobo before that can be answered. And a CPU.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Got a cpu off my current board that should do the trick, thought I could probably find I board that would fit my RAM dependent upon my choice , I ain&#39;t a big oc&#39;er but just wanted some faster RAM to cope with the upcoming games that are coming out, thought these seemed to sound like fairly good deals. As I have said before though I am no expert in these areas so I could be very wrong