Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help uploading to waffles - dumb question

sortilegus
    Hey anyone and everyone,

I've recently received an invite to waffles.fm and am trying to figure out how to keep my ratio reasonable. Problem is, I'm not sure how to upload. The upload form seems easy enough, but how am I supposed to upload a full album without zipping the entire album?

This might be an incredibly stupid question because I'm new to all of this, but if anyone can help me out here I'd greatly appreciate it.

If it's any help, I use vuze (azureus) to download torrents and it apparently does not auto seed to waffles, unless I'm missing something.

-s

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    There is an upload guideline at the site, have you read it?

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    You'll also find any guide you need in the forum section named The Shed, on Waffles I mean.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    djerholler69's Avatar Love Bytes! BT Rep: +3
    To put it simply, create the torrent (get the tracker URL at the waffles upload page) with your torrent client(in this case, Vuze), and point it to the specific folder where you store that particular album only. Make sure to check the music rips are of acceptable quality (i.e. of the right container, above acceptable bitrate and not a lossy-lossy transcode). Then go to the upload page on Waffles, add the album art/description, upload the torrent file, download the torrent file again, and open it with Vuze. If done correctly, Vuze will sense that the existing folder + files exist and it will 'check' to 100%, and you can start seeding

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    also check that the album you want to upload is not available yet.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Did you ever figure out how to Upload music on Waffles.FM ? They got rules are just too strict. The upload process is UNREAL. In 2011 they need to do something about it.It is just D/L-ing and U/L-ing files.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by zypkode View Post
    Did you ever figure out how to Upload music on Waffles.FM ? They got rules are just too strict. The upload process is UNREAL.
    Although that may be why they're Waffles and not Limewire.

Just read the uploading rules carefully and you can't go wrong.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    InTheBasement's Avatar Poster
    They got rules are just too strict. The upload process is UNREAL.
    lol. They're strict for a reason. It's called quality control. Please don't upload to waffles, zypkode. Especially if you don't know how. Stick to demonoid, okay?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheBasement View Post
    They got rules are just too strict. The upload process is UNREAL.
    lol. They're strict for a reason. It's called quality control. Please don't upload to waffles, zypkode. Especially if you don't know how. Stick to demonoid, okay?
    That's a good advise. Apparently you haven't done any uploading at all, starting your uploading track with the tracker like waffles may cost you your valuable account, I would suggests you to first start uploading at the public trackers and gain necessary torrenting knowledge ( if you already know all about encoding ) regarding seeding issues, you will come across a few problems and you would learn a lot of things but that would a valuable lesson before commencing uploading at waffles.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Human_Being's Avatar Poster
    Sup dude

In answer to your first question, Give your account to me. Although dont just hand it to me let the admins know whats going on, point them to this thread so we dont look suspicious. [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast