yo

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    To other what?
    Candy?

I'm happy with the indexer "NZBinder"

Have a look at NZBs.org too
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    manu1991's Avatar Ancient Philospher BT Rep: +3
    BinTube works well for me

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Newzbin indexes many more groups than any other index I have came across. It intergrates well with certain newsreaders with great RSS features among many other things. It has a great raw, condensed and report view mode. It all around is worth every penny and that really is what it costs pennys. Like 2 bucks a month or something. But if you grab it during the holiday special you get 50% off up to 1 year.

It seems to me it is one of those sites where you either love it or hate it. Many knock it many praise it. I for one praise it as I just love the way it intergrates with my newsreader, Sabnzbd+. Plus I love the raw view as I can find most anything I am looking for if it was not "Reported" by one of the many, many reporters/editors on the site.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    This is one of those 'infinitely argued' questions. Bazillion threads with a quadrillion comments.

I've been on Newzbin since BEFORE it was pay. Their 'claim to fame' vrs the other indexers is that they use those funny things called 'humans' to do their indexing, rather than some smart (or, not so smart) program to auto-collect things.

Not that I don't use those as well; everyone has a 'fav' in that department, I like Binsearch for it's base-bones interface.

And not that using 'humans' to index is without fail, either, far from it.

And now that they are cow-towing to the MP**'s of the world, it's started it's slow decline into the setting sun (removing indexed files on mere request, not on any court order or actual 'proof' of infringement).

So, you have to make a decision as to if it's worth the 25cents a week or so, or not. For me, it's simply one arrow in the quiver to bring to bear on a usenet that has simply grown 'out of control' over the last few years.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Sabnzbd+ intergates into more than that site, NZBs.org which is an auto-indexer and will evetually intergrate into FST

Also, screw Newzbin, you really want the MPAA having your information? Silly people.

Just pay $2.00 for SS, just as good, and technically you don't have to pay for it, if you have the rights tools and setup.
    [center]

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Also, screw Newzbin, you really want the MPAA having your information? Silly people.
    Well, there it is. Guess they had a good run, developed nzb, the question is, after slaying the 'big cheese' will the slayers ramp up going after the 'little guys' with more fervor.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    It would be cheaper to use a SSL enabled indexer like BinSearch, but that doesn't index all groups.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I think it index's enuff for some people's taste, for me, at least 50% of Newzbin is garbage for me, I'm picky and don't download that much, SS works for my needs, and index's a butt-ton of groups.
    [center]