Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has it become cool to cash in on piracy?

Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    in 1st place no one pointed a pistol to a person to create a tracker. so, if some1 is going to open a tracker, he should think that it is he who will pay for it, and eventually in the future some users might donate. many ppl just open trackers to be bosses and brag, and then dont expect to pay price for that. so many trackers open and close lately bcoz no1 is willing to spend the cash on the servers, they just want other people to pay for their power trips. i could open the tracker on a small server, put some €€€€ aside to pay for some months, make it very hard to enter, and then i would be a "staffer" and very important in the bt world, and demand like some do to be invite to other super 1337 trackers. cabalo (i think was him) wrote somewhere that bt is mostly ruled by power hungry kids. i was too new to this to understand his words, but more i read more i understand how correkt this statement is.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Just to clarify, I was talking more about trackers with 100,000+ members. One in particular.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    -If you don't believe in P2L the best and only real way to protest it is to not give them your money, or not to involve yourself with their site. The system obviously works and I don't feel so self-important as to start a rant about how they are in the wrong and are horrible people etc etc for profiteering off of the coattails of their tracker's success.

-Instead choose to donate to the trackers you enjoy that are struggling for donations and are honest about your money.

-If you don't donate money to any trackers then why are you bitching about this? Donations are obviously none of your concern and if you didn't already know it is every donor's choice that they donate.

(This is speaking in generalities, not directed towards anybody)
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 07-30-2009 at 08:46 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    NZB-BT-RS-FTP's Avatar Member
    isn't having a seedbox kind of like P2L?or is it for a bragging rights.

also donations is a good thing helps keep the site going and also hardware upgrades ect ect.

I guess i P2D then (usenet)
    Last edited by NZB-BT-RS-FTP; 07-30-2009 at 04:15 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    NZB-BT-RS-FTP's Avatar Member
    double post
    Last edited by NZB-BT-RS-FTP; 07-30-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: double post

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    in 1st place no one pointed a pistol to a person to create a tracker. so, if some1 is going to open a tracker, he should think that it is he who will pay for it, and eventually in the future some users might donate. many ppl just open trackers to be bosses and brag, and then dont expect to pay price for that.
    To a certain point maybe, but i think you'll find its very difficult for a single person to continue paying server costs on their own, its just not sustainable, especially when sites upgrade servers or add more. It can quickly get to the point where its essential to get donations - you could argue a site should stay at a size which is reasonable to sustain without donations, but then we wouldnt be where we are today without increased building up of sites.

In most cases, the owner(s) will pay towards the costs most of the time, shortfalls etc have to come from somewhere, along with certain other aspects of private torrent sites these days (which dont get added onto the donation target, or at least i dont think they should).

Some of the biggest trackers, its hard to see that they're not making money from it (which i dont agree with), but as others have said, users on those sites arent being forced into donating and i think most people would have an idea what sites can command the large amount of donations that they possibly wouldnt need more.

There arent many of these "big" private trackers around though and the majority of site owners barely cover costs and/or pay alot towards them themselves. Its getting much more difficult to reach the target amounts with people being less able to donate, aswell as the increase in sites (which is great), which spreads donators out even more thinly.

As has been said, private torrent sites are definitly not a way of making money in all but a few "rare" cases, most owners over the course of running a site will be putting alot of their own money into it and will "lose" money, not make it.
    Last edited by kitano; 08-01-2009 at 08:57 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    ..users on those sites arent being forced into donating...
    Good point, but there are ways to 'force' members to donate. Ever heard of 'the very hard to seed and get a ratio of 1:1 trackers.'

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Private trackers are not forcing you to pay a penny, so bitching for what ?
    I have never donated but i never complaint !

They are releasing latest releases / keeping the site online / taking care of servers to be online 24/7 hours and still you bitches complaining.

If a site goes down like " TL ", then you are shouting like an A-hole why the tracker is down.

There are good people who donates and keeping private trackers online and people like you leeching like an a-hole and still coming from nowhere and complaining like a super a-hole.

If you can't thank them, at least don't complain like a f**kin stupid.

Don't forget, you are getting your daily needs from Private trackers mostly. so thank them and always support them !

I have high Respect for " TL - IPT - ScT - SCC " and i will always support them somehow, if not by donating, i will support them by seeding their torrents to keep the torrents alive for others to get it.

All life you been Negative, sometimes think positively and be positive !
    Last edited by merwais; 08-02-2009 at 11:12 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Don't forget, you are getting your daily needs from Private trackers mostly. so thank them and always support them !
    If you are referring to my post:

Most of my download come from TPB and Demonoid

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    If you are referring to my post:

Most of my download come from TPB and Demonoid
    and very very soon there will be no TPB. indeed 17th of august!

and Demonoid is a private tracker like TL. so stop complaining. they are not forcing you to donate or whateva. they deserve respect !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast