Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Too Scared To Post On This Forum.

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Very true JPaul, very well said and as you know I sort out my own probs but I will also stand by my friends as you very well know.

My friends are important to me and whatever they have done, for one of them to tell me they are afraid to post here is very sad.

We have all at some point been jumped on here for some reason and some of us think we can handle the barage of replies we get good/bad but some can and some can't.

Bottom line is, AussieSheila is a great girl, I know her well and she is a little brash at times but she is entitled to her views and sense of humor, if someone is offended then they should reply constructivly or pm her.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #92
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    JP, I'm always a beggar for daintiness and I appreciate it where its bestowed.
    Some of us enjoy being intimidated.

3. Lounge   -   #93
    Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@1 October 2003 - 21:34
    Very true JPaul, very well said and as you know I sort out my own probs but I will also stand by my friends as you very well know.

My friends are important to me and whatever they have done, for one of them to tell me they are afraid to post here is very sad.

We have all at some point been jumped on here for some reason and some of us think we can handle the barage of replies we get good/bad but some can and some can't.

Bottom line is, AussieSheila is a great girl, I know her well and she is a little brash at times but she is entitled to her views and sense of humor, if someone is offended then they should reply constructivly or pm her.

Jonno B)
    Something I have said on numerous occasions, I place loyalty very high on my list of desirable characteristics. Some of us live by it and we need people to cover our back, literally and figuratively.

That does not mean a blind thing, so if your mate is out of order you tell them. You do it in private and you discuss stuff. You don't do it in public.

Jonno

You and I have had our differences, which we sorted out and I like to think we enjoy each others company now. I certainly enjoy yours. We are very different types and I think that is what we like about each other. Like I said it would be boring if we were all the same.

4. Lounge   -   #94
    Poster
    Originally posted by chalice@1 October 2003 - 21:36
    JP, I'm always a beggar for daintiness and I appreciate it where its bestowed.
    Some of us enjoy being intimidated.
    Yeah, you are known for your dainty demeanour old bean.

5. Lounge   -   #95
    Originally posted by JPaul@1 October 2003 - 21:46

Jonno

You and I have had our differences, which we sorted out and I like to think we enjoy each others company now. I certainly enjoy yours. We are very different types and I think that is what we like about each other. Like I said it would be boring if we were all the same.
    Yes m8, we did have a few flare up's did'nt we

But like you say, we cool. We get on well and we sorted out our differences and yes I enjoy your company (no gay remarks from you lot of weirdo's )

And yes, if I think a friend is out of order I would and do tell them...........Privatly, I do not believe in public Chastisment.

And you also know I stand by my friends whether they are right or wrong if someone is giving them a hard time, I can't help it. that's just the way I am.

All for one etc, fight side by side.

Stand in front of the little people and beside the strong.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

6. Lounge   -   #96
    Ella's Avatar Upside down
    OK...that's what happens when I go to bed at a reasonable time! Looks like people so far have pretty much covered all points here....but there have been instances where members have been flamed for expressing an opinion. This is a public forum so that is inevitable. But opinions are subjective....and everyone is entitled to one. So allow them to have it.

You know what they say....opinions are like assholes...everyone's got one..

And hey Jonno babe! You are one loyal dude....we luvs ya...
    Up Yours! Love from The Club....

7. Lounge   -   #97
    Originally posted by Ella@1 October 2003 - 22:22

Me?? :">

Too fecking right

You guys are my friends......me stand by you all

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

8. Lounge   -   #98
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Ella@1 October 2003 - 22:22
    OK...that's what happens when I go to bed at a reasonable time! Looks like people so far have pretty much covered all points here....but there have been instances where members have been flamed for expressing an opinion. This is a public forum so that is inevitable. But opinions are subjective....and everyone is entitled to one. So allow them to have it.

You know what they say....opinions are like assholes...everyone's got one..

[QUOTE]

Where does that put you if you do not have an opinion on a particular subject? In a medical research ward?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. Lounge   -   #99
    lynx's Avatar .
    I agree with the idea of sorting out problems by PM in principle, but there are occasions when keeping things public is not only desirable but sometimes absolutely necessary.

For instance, if something is done which upsets a mod, but is not specifically against the rules, we often see the mod closing a thread with little or no explanation, or even worse publicly castigating the member, often with the comment that the mod can be PMed if the member doesn't like the mods actions.

I personally see this is a form of cowardice, the mod is willing to use their powers publicly but does not wish to have the counter arguments in open view. If the mods reasons are sound, they will stand up to public scrutiny, if not they will fall.

Perhaps if they PMed the member who has offended them they would possibly avoid the need to close the thread in the first place, or if they really feel that the thread needs closing they could give a better explanation, thereby pre-empting the new thread that gets opened asking why the closure was necessary.

Edit: And possibly while giving a fuller explanation of their reasons, they might also have time to reflect whether the thread actually DOES need to be closed.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. Lounge   -   #100
    Poster
    One suspects that you may be referring to a specific instance, or instances mate.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast