View Poll Results: Should the k-lite forum have a radio station, for EVERYONE to try out?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's a great way for people to get to know each other and have fun.

56 76.71%
  • Yes, but if the creators of the old idea come up with a server and are ready to go then they can take over.

8 10.96%
  • No, I don't think it would work very well.

6 8.22%
  • No, I prefer to wait wait until the original creators come up with a server and a concept.

3 4.11%
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kl Radio

Poster
    Originally posted by Illuminati+30 September 2003 - 00:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illuminati &#064; 30 September 2003 - 00:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@30 September 2003 - 00:14
    No way Nancy - don&#39;t you dare feck off. You will input into this or the cats are being taken into protective custody. I mean it.
    Wouldn&#39;t it be more inhumane to sign him up for Alcoholic&#39;s Anonymous? [/b][/quote]
    You want to be more inhumane.

That really is a bit harsh, now lets get back on track and get this Radio thing happening. With all the good guys chipping their ideas in.

This should be something for everybody, no matter how long they have been here, or how often they have posted.

Lets make it fun for everybody and something we can all be proud of.

2. Lounge   -   #92
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Good point JPaul - My intention was to follow on from what you said; the more inhumane the treatment you threaten FC with, the more likely it is he&#39;d stay It was meant to be half-hearted, but considering my previous comments I can see why you can see it that way (but it was an unrelated comment - I agreed to cease when FC said he would as well).

But that&#39;s enough explaining myself - Now it&#39;s time for the real reason I posted

Remember when I said that myself and Darker were testing settings? Below are the resulting settings (for now). Some must be used for broadcast (e.g. address) while others can be experimented with at your own expense (e.g. bit rate). The tests were done using JetCast (JetAudio&#39;s included broadcasting program), so WinAmp+ShoutCast users will probably have to emprovise at some stages.

=========================
    STATION
    (Current) Name - KLDB Radio
    Homepage- http://www.klboard.ath.cx

TIME SCHEDULE
    Irregular broadcasting station

FORMAT
    Use MP3 as streaming format
    Encoder - MP3 - MPEG Layer-3
    Channel - Stereo
    Bitrate - 56kpbs Stereo (for now)
    =====================
    SERVER
    Streaming Port - 8000
    Max listeners - 50

Use external server
    Any of the five servers can be used, but whichever you choose MUST be set at
    Type - Shoutcast server
    IP - 207.218.251.161
    Port - 8000
    Password - PM Darker for the broadcast password

Network Address - Leave at &#39;Use your own network address&#39; unless you&#39;re using a proxy; in that situation, you&#39;d have to include that info yourself.

DIRECTORY SERVER
    "Register this server to the directory server" - Checked
    =====================

That should be enough to get a broadcast started Sorry the settings are in a messy state right now; it was either that or 6-7 screenshots. I&#39;ll neaten it up when I can

3. Lounge   -   #93
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    *bump* Back you go to the top&#33;

4. Lounge   -   #94
    Aberrant
    Hiya nigel.... haven&#39;t seen you in a while&#33;

5. Lounge   -   #95
    Hi titey, Yes it&#39;s been quite a long time. Good to see you around..

6. Lounge   -   #96
    jetje's Avatar former star
    good idea this radio stuff...

Just put up a schedule when it&#39;s broadcasting&#33;

7. Lounge   -   #97
    Poster
    yup, can&#39;t wait
    ice ice baby

8. Lounge   -   #98
    Edit : Ignore this message due the poll will decide if we do it or not

9. Lounge   -   #99
    Well Darker, I thought the general consensus now was that people wish it to be connected to this board.

10. Lounge   -   #100
    Edit: Edit : Ignore this message due the poll will decide if we do it or not

--------------

Yup that was the idea but after getting PM&#39;s like "f*** idea stealer" and "just sponsor the real makers a server" and so on I did decide to stop messing around with other&#39;s ideas and continue with my personal idea of a newcomer radio.

Since it is not really longer related to the KL Board I would suggest to let this topic die (no bumping etc) and everything will stay like it was before and maybe the old makers can just bring up their idea again and make it the KL Radio with pro DJs.

Anyway it was worth a try and sorry if it looks like i did steal the idea but I am still sure that I did not since I want to support newcomers and people that have fun with making radio & connecting people instead "I am a great DJ and I ant a slot to show what I can" cause I think there are enough stations which would love to give them a slot.

I am not against Pro&#39;s - I would give them slots too but in general I want to make it a project which is fun instead "which dj uses the best eq. and beats"

ANyway thanks for the huge feedback and remember - please let this topic die now since it was just an idea and there is no need to attack others / fight on the boards just because my stupid idea

Have a great day

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast