Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Music Sharing Decrease

Originally posted by Gre1@2 October 2003 - 04:53
    A MTV newsperson just said that the sales for cd's are up again. "People are starting to buy music again" is what he said. It's good the RIAA scared some peeps so they would buy music so the attention would die down about P2P sharing until they don't care anymore.
    People need to STOP buying CD's mow more than ever.. to put the RIAA in it's place, they recording industry needs to come down on the RIAA for what they are trying to do... Stop buying CD's everyone... BOYCOTT ON CD PURCHASES!!!

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    old school
    its the people that don't know how to file share safely that are going back to buying CDs.

remember that woman that PAID for Kazaa

If she would have looked into it further she could have found kazaa lite for free
    Or if she really spent some time looking for the best way to share music she might have found soulseek.

educate yourself

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by fastrider28@2 October 2003 - 07:32
    People need to STOP buying CD's mow more than ever.. to put the RIAA in it's place, they recording industry needs to come down on the RIAA for what they are trying to do... Stop buying CD's everyone... BOYCOTT ON CD PURCHASES!!!
    People need to stop buying RIAA CDs but buy MORE independant artists and possibly small recording company CDs if the price is right.

Then when RIAA reports 'dwindling sales due to music piracy', the OTHER data figures will say 'INCREASED sales due to music SHARING'. And not only will they no longer have a leg to stand on, they will be hanging themselves because it will show THEY are at fault for their own losses.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Originally posted by fastrider28+2 October 2003 - 07:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fastrider28 @ 2 October 2003 - 07:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gre1@2 October 2003 - 04:53
    A MTV newsperson just said that the sales for cd&#39;s are up again. "People are starting to buy music again" is what he said.&nbsp; It&#39;s good the RIAA scared some peeps so they would buy music so the attention would die down about P2P sharing until they don&#39;t care anymore.
    People need to STOP buying CD&#39;s mow more than ever.. to put the RIAA in it&#39;s place, they recording industry needs to come down on the RIAA for what they are trying to do... Stop buying CD&#39;s everyone... BOYCOTT ON CD PURCHASES&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    No people need to buy cd&#39;s now so they will get off of the P2P back.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Originally posted by Benno@1 October 2003 - 22:50
    What they dont write here is that they dont mean 6.5 millions users on kazaa, but 6 millions page hits for the kazaa homepage. Now they have a 41% drop in page visits. So Paul your page hits should have increased at about 41%.

Heres the article where they write that, but its in German. http://www.tecchannel.de/news/20031001/the...1001-12014.html
    Here&#39;s the Google translation of that link you gave us: They are talking about website page views decreasing, not the number of filesharers online.

Less Kazaa visitor because of RIAA complaints 16:49:39 (tecCHANNEL.de, 01,10,2003) the 261 copyright complaints of the Recording Industry Association OF America (RIAA) against US-American InterNet internet-Surfer show effect:&nbsp; After collections of Nielsen/Netratings the number of visitors reduced Kazaa with the exchange stock exchange in the past three months by 41 per cent.&nbsp; The RIAA had submitted 2003 copyright complaints on 8 September against 261 Internetsurfer, which had downloaded illegally music titles of one of the different file sharing services on their computers and had then continued to spread this Songs also still.&nbsp; With 64 surfern the RIAA agreements had been able to obtain, their conditions however does not admit was given.&nbsp; Against twelve this surfer had exerted, reports the RIAA thereby still no complaint the computer week.&nbsp; Nielsen compared two weeks of the yearly 2003 with one another for its computation:&nbsp; On the one hand on 29 June 2003 terminated, on the other hand those, which ran off on 21 September.&nbsp; In the comparison June with the September week fell the number of the Visits on the Kazaa Website by 41 per cent.&nbsp; In naked numbers:&nbsp; Visited the Site in June if still 6.5 million InterNet internet-Surfer and music-exchange-willing, were in September only more 3.9 million.&nbsp; Less spectacularly however the decrease of the Visits still noticeably was with Morpheus, another file sharing offerer.&nbsp; In the same comparison period sank here the visitor frequency of 272.000 to 261.000 visitors.&nbsp; Gallup Gallup-Institut, US-American Meinungsforschungsinstitut, possibly inquired a reason for the considerless shifting actions of music titles under Internetsurfern in an inquiry among young people at the age between 13 and 17 years:&nbsp; Afterwards do not regard 83 per cent of 517 asked dte rodents it as morally despicable to download itself music titles from the InterNet on their own PCs without paying for this.&nbsp; (Computerwoche/uba)

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    cappella(m)'s Avatar Poster
    Yeah..that&#39;s true. I can german and that&#39;s really just about site visits and not about the number of filesharers online. But I also never seen 6,5 million users on kazaa. Normally there were and still are 4,0-4,5 million users online. The only thing that declined is the amount of gigabytes and files shared on kazaa. Earlier I think there were about 7.000.000+ gigabytes and now there are only 5.600.000+ gigabytes... or may be it&#39;s also not true..
    Greetings from Italy

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by cappella(m)@4 October 2003 - 18:56
    Yeah..that&#39;s true. I can german and that&#39;s really just about site visits and not about the number of filesharers online. But I also never seen 6,5 million users on kazaa. Normally there were and still are 4,0-4,5 million users online. The only thing that declined is the amount of gigabytes and files shared on kazaa. Earlier I think there were about 7.000.000+ gigabytes and now there are only 5.600.000+ gigabytes... or may be it&#39;s also not true..
    Greetings from Italy
    Yes that&#39;s true, I remember about 3 months ago there was about 7 million gigabytes, but now there&#39;s only about 5 and a half, but the number of users is still round-about the same.
    Conclusion: there are more leechers now than there used to be.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Thats really true.. Because some americans and germans suck to use kazaa may be because of this .. HEY U GUYS IF YOU COUNTINUE SO FAR SOON THERE&#39;LL BE NO MUSIC AVAILABLE ONLINE . CONTINUE SHARING AND DONT GET LET YOU DOWN BY THIS ..ssholes &#33;&#33; I dont know in italy everyone continues to share.. Every of my friends continues sharing.. &#33;&#33;&#33; quickly..

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    No.People just went to useing other Programs.Either it be SoulSeek, Direct Connect, IRC or whatever else is out there.

Kazaa is sooooooo last year.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    But we need to keep kazaa. It&#39;s still the best and the fastest.. Emule sucks because it&#39;s slow and you&#39;ve to wait 3 years until it connects you somewhere and then you have to wait 30 year until it downloads some big file with a speed of 20kbs maximum.. At kazaa I reached maximum speeds above 120 kb/s second..The only lack of kaza is that there are not such many files on it...like on Emule servers..I refuse to use other programs.. Most of them suck and they are not very quick.. WinMX also..
    So GUYS continue sharing and may be use and IP Spoofer to hide your ip.. &#33;

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast