Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WhatCD disabled

brento's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Octane View Post
    maybe this has something to do with it. (copy pasted from whatcd)

"Due to an unfortunate mishap 84 user accounts, most registered in the past 24 hours (and not present in our latest backup) have been lost. If one of your invites has disappeared (different from being disabled) from the site please feel free to reinvite them, we are sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding."

Bonne chance e rouviere
    That wouldn't have resulted in an IP ban though, would it?
    Take a visit to what.cd's IRC support channel. They will let you know why you were banned.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by rouviere View Post
    I can not speak with them on irc because they blocked my IP.

If members of Whatman and Sexteen what.cd can help me with my problem. Thank you
    I think you missed this part

Quote Originally Posted by brento View Post
    That wouldn't have resulted in an IP ban though, would it?
    Take a visit to what.cd's IRC support channel. They will let you know why you were banned.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 08-06-2009 at 07:23 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    There is an online web based irc client,google for it then use that to join the what.CD irc and then tell them your problem.
    gl

4. BitTorrent   -   #14

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    There is an online web based irc client,google for it then use that to join the what.CD irc and then tell them your problem.
    gl

I can not speak with them on irc because they blocked my IP.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Pm sexten, I believe he is a what.cd admin. He seems to have gotten pretty angry at FST though, not sure if he uses the site anymore.

Edit: Just saw you're not over 30 days... sorry.
    Last edited by Rart; 08-07-2009 at 02:35 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    dude they dont block your ip from the support channel, when they ban you. Trust me I know people that have been banned from what.cd and they let you log in to support to ask why you were banned.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Maybe he really pissed them off?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Yes, you were disabled because you repeatedly spammed our registration page to try to get in without an invite. This is bad for server load, and shows complete lack of consideration for the health of the site.

And then, you went ahead and got an invite from an invitation forum, which is strictly against our rules. It even says so in the invitation email:

Please note that selling invites, trading invites, and giving invites away publicly (eg. on a forum) is strictly forbidden. If you have received your invite as a result of any of these things, do not bother signing up - you will be banned and lose your chances of ever signing up legitimately.
    We remain true to our word - you will be banned and lose your chances of signing up legitimately.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niño Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatMan View Post
    Yes, you were disabled because you repeatedly spammed our registration page to try to get in without an invite. This is bad for server load, and shows complete lack of consideration for the health of the site.

And then, you went ahead and got an invite from an invitation forum, which is strictly against our rules. It even says so in the invitation email:

Please note that selling invites, trading invites, and giving invites away publicly (eg. on a forum) is strictly forbidden. If you have received your invite as a result of any of these things, do not bother signing up - you will be banned and lose your chances of ever signing up legitimately.
    We remain true to our word - you will be banned and lose your chances of signing up legitimately.
    Before you wrote your post, I wanted to help this guy because he seemed to be a noob (only noobs can use a program to see if "What, TL or other site like that" are open for signup, and write his IP on a public forum as FST).
    And he said me that the site (where he'd got his invite) has an agreement with WhatCD for unlimited invite ! Is it right or wrong ?
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12