Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just had a relook at SABnzbd+

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Alt.binz isn't not free and is not open source, and one other SABNZbd+ will atuo download nzbs from NZBs.org and eventually FST
    [center]

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    How do you expect SABnzbd+ to automatically dl from FST? Through rss feeds? Please explain.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    alt.binz is free. It has never asked me to pay for anything. I think it looks alot better and I get almost double the speeds of sabnzb. It is almost as good as Newsbin. Sabnzb always gave me errors and once it got to about 20 errors it would just freeze. And also when using multiple servers if one of the other servers died it would just stop working after a little while even if the other servers were still running.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Alt.binz is "pay for", Alt.binz v0.25 is the only "freeware" version available and it's out dated by more than a year if not another year, it's at like version 0.30 or something and costs $15....

Yes SAB works off of RSS feeds (FST RSS feeds are broken....)

As you can see we (FST) are here: http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/rss-sites

And explains why you can't use our site at the moment
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 08-19-2009 at 03:18 AM.
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Ah well the old version is still very nice and even works with IPv6 which is all I am looking for in a client.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    DOes is it really matter if it's paid for or not, chances are you're going to get it for free anyway?

I have a soft spot for open source devs, and try and get open source alternatives for most of the apps I use.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Alt.Binz you aren't getting for free, not unless you have a members password, you have to use that to even run the newer versions of Alt.Binz.
    [center]

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    I tried Sabnzb and I didn't like it. I didnt like the fact that it was built into the webbrowser and wasn't its own program.

I switched over to http://www.altbinz.net/

It is way better and it works with IPv6 servers.
    Of course it is, it just uses a browser to display the GUI.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post
    Ah well the old version is still very nice and even works with IPv6 which is all I am looking for in a client.
    Sabnzbd works with IPv6.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Hotshot seems to also have speed/performance issues with SABnzbd+ though, in addition for his need to run in ipv6.

I am running the latest alpha and it has been rock solid in both Mac OS & Windows, in fact I think the performance is slightly faster than the 0.4 versions too.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Yea I was having alot of problems with it so I needed to find an alternative. I am using the old version which is hosted on the site and it works fine. I guess I just like nice looking programs that are standalone. It has all the functionality I could ask for so I am gonna stick with this for a while.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast