Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are some people just defective?

KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Greed isn't governed by any biological imperatives.
    They rhyme with juice.
    Last edited by KushBlow; 08-10-2009 at 07:17 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I would like to thank everyone for their thoughtful responses! I really wasn't sure how people would take my post. I do think that greed, envy, sloth, (hey I've heard these mentioned somewhere before) all play into the human condition IRL and online. It makes sense that these characteristics would show themselves more readily with the anonymity afforded here.

I look forward to discussing this further, but I have just literally rolled out of bed (and yes, I did drink a decent amount of Smirnoff's Red (80 proof)before making my post last night.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    After idoleyes swept through it now looks like I had a long conversation with myself... XD

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I thought you might have just been thinking out loud. It's OK, we all talk to ourselves now and then. Just don't start arguing!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niņo Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    The answer is simple. We as humans are animals
    In BT, you can find all the human nature, the good side, the dark side ...

More i'm in torrenting, more i think this is as in my office, there is :
    the good, the bad, the ass-kisser, the "I don't care", the asshole, the noob etc...
    Some friends said : " This is internet, not RL", but these 2 worlds are not far.
    Internet has some advantages, you can be who you want, and when you're fed up => shut down.

@OP : I hope that you don't do something for the other people's opinion or to prove something to the others, i hope that you do it because you want to do it !!
    If you want to help someone, don't ask, and do it ...It's your choice !
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    After idoleyes swept through it now looks like I had a long conversation with myself... XD
    Don't look at me you're obviously delusional .

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    QPD's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    People can change!
    People can do mistakes !
    People deserve the second chance!

People are not trustfull !!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    *speaks quietly to IdolEyes* I know, I just didn't want to startle him. You know how unpredictable they can be... just back away slowly and don't make eye contact...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoann64
    @OP : I hope that you don't do something for the other people's opinion or to prove something to the others, i hope that you do it because you want to do it !!
    If you want to help someone, don't ask, and do it ...It's your choice !
    I hope I didn't come across as "trying to please anyone". I posted this thread because I like to learn (blah, blah, talks about being a graduate student once again) and I believe that some of the "old timers" have more experience spotting "the defective" than I do.

The only person I ask permission from is my wife. Not out of fear- out of respect. I guess I seek the opinions and wisdom from those who have "been around" for the same reason.

IdolEyes made some great points regarding the difference between cynicism and skepticism. The differences are ultimately huge, but the view often falls on a very fine line. My current difficulty comes from the fact that I am trying to look for reasons to help people instead of weighing the "evidence" honestly. The opposite would be the cynic who refuses to believe that anyone has the ability to change.

I am not a populist or a demagogue (thanks, cinephilia ) I have my own voice and use it (arguably too much). I do, however, feel that there is still more for me to learn. Asking questions is, IMO, far better than learning from avoidable errors of judgment. I may never see eye-to-eye with guys like cinephilia (actually is there anyone else like cinephilia?), but there is definitely a place for his views. The guy is REALLY good at finding scumbags!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Make a tracker;
    invite all those ex-cheaters and traders only as members
    report in a year's time here.
    It may work
    There is no need to talk, just do it.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme
    A lot of the "old timers" around here have gotten skeptical
    like whom? i haven't seen an old timers around here in months
    Last edited by th0r; 08-11-2009 at 02:58 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast