Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Are some people just defective?

Poster BT Rep: +5
    If that is the site I think it is, then I dont think they allow trading.

Unless I misunderstood your comment...
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the fact that people here seem to have lost the ability to speak plainly?

I mean ( probably the first and last time Meat Loaf will ever be quoted on this forum) "you whisper when I want you to shout"
    Or maybe it's just all over my head? If is is then that would hardly be surprising.

IdolEyes hates secrecy ( even if there is sometimes a need for it).IdolEyes would have made a very bad mod spy.

As for someone from FST being banned from TL no longer true .And the person from TL that was banned could come back anytime that he wants but he chooses not to for various reasons noneof which being hard feelings
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-14-2009 at 03:12 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    If that reply was for me?

then

1: He is not a member of BCG, what he done/has done/is doing was on another tracker

2: I dont like it when someone that does not know the whole story, bashes a tracker for banning a member, and then sticks up for the member in question (which is what i garnered from the post by sez) but i may have misread his intentions.

3: what the person in that pic is accused of is a global ban offence.

4: If i told you what he had done, on here or anywhere else for that matter, i would have abused the trust other staff on other sites have for me, so that is why no info will come from my lips, if others want to have a say, then so be it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    It wasn't really directed at anyone.Just a general drop a line in the pond so who bits.
    Btw I don't want or expect anyone to betray anything .Ever .Even if there seems a good reason for it.Two wrongs and all the bullshit.I just said I don't like secrecy that's all .

Also btw I don't intentional ever say anything to bother you. Unfortunately sometimes it just happens .

Also also btw this has nothing to do with you being associated with anything .You could kick me off BC tomorrow and I would still have the same high opinion of you.
    (Go ahead and go it if you like and then we can prove the point)

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    A lot of the "old timers" around here have gotten skeptical about people who have "made mistakes" in the past and the ability of those people to start acting like "good" members of the community.

In other threads, I have tried to defend these people and the possibility of redemption (at least in terms of this community). I am still not ready to abandon people who have made mistakes, I probably never will. If I can help someone be a better member of the community, then I will certainly do my best. All I need is some shred of proof that they are truly making an effort. I don't even expect great results- if my efforts were to help, say, 1 in 5 people I think it would be worth the effort. Maybe I am a nOOb, an idealist, or maybe just a fool...

Anyway, I would not be here if I did not believe I could ultimately do some good. I like this community, its people and its rewards. Other than an insatiable desire for thought-provoking conversation and good friends, my needs have been met. Seriously- I grab True Blood every Sunday. It was available on 3 of my trackers at the same time! About an hour later, the HD version was available. Most other media is distributed in the same manner.

There seems to be an element in every group, community, city, country, etc., however, that cannot, to save their lives, just be an honest, respectable member of that group. Sometimes I understand why the cynics are the way they are.

So what is it with these people who have been banned from every tracker that they have ever been on, who get involved in trading, cannot follow a single rule of a site or show simple respect/appreciation to someone who helped them? Is there some kind of social defect? Do they not know how to be part of a community? I might be able to understand if we were sharing finite, tangible resources, but what we have here is infinitely reproducible. There will never be a shortage of any kind!

And really...of all the communities one could join, the requirements here are very, very minimal...seed back what you take...don't trade...don't cheat the tracker (how stupid is that one?)...don't spam or flame...respect the mods. There really isn't that much more. Those are the basics- how about the "advanced" stuff? make some posts that don't involve requests...help your fellow members with their questions...read the news section and make some comments...don't lie or deceive someone who is trying to help you!!!

Like I said, I am not ready to give up. Actually, my post have resulted in some very nice PM's. Ultimately, that type of response has made my efforts worthwhile. And I will never know if I have helped new members be more responsible from the start.

I would just like to know what is at the core of the people who just don't understand community. This is the ultimate in a "giving" group- the rewards outweigh the costs exponentially. Someone who is "connected" in this community literally has access to all forms of digital media, past, present, and future. Is it asking so much for these people to follow the minuscule rules of conduct around here?

And, please, don't get me wrong- I do not feel like Atlas. I have only been here a few months and I know that I will never do as much for this community as some of the "old timers" have. This is a great community and it would not be nearly as good without those members. Mostly, I am just looking for some insight that people have gained over the years as they have seen nOObs, scammers, liars, cheats, etc. and hundreds, if not thousands, of good members come and go.

End of (mild) rant.

MBM
    I read about 4 lines of that and felt like vomiting at the repetitive use of the word "community" in reference to FST. I read no further.
    Last edited by Skiz; 08-14-2009 at 03:48 AM.

yo

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    hmm why the animosity (or thats what i am picking up, maybe to harsh a word though, but is is 5am here so cant think of another term for it) i was just trying to explain my post from before.

and why would i ban you?, yes you donate but thats not the reason i wont ban you, i have no reason to at all, apart from you mod here, but when Detale was getting global banned i actually made him an account, so i dont work the same way as some other trackers do.

I do wish you used our community more though, great tracker stats, but comments and forum posts are non existent lol

I am just confused on where your last 2 sentences spanned from.
    Last edited by stoi; 08-14-2009 at 03:53 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    I'm trying to be nice .
    And I'm genuinely embarrassed that I don't participate at BCG .
    Really it's caused by a combination of not having anything topic related to say that I haven't already said someplace before and also finding it intimidating to start at the bottom without knowing anyone again.

I mean I kind of know you and look at mess I've made of it here .
    Imagine what would happen if I was loosed upon a bunch of strangers.
    Carnage at the very least.

Btw there are only 3 sites that I give money to anymore and it's totally based on how I feel about their administration. I couldn't care less if they had fish instead of files .

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    yes i know you were trying to be nice, i just could not get my head around how you were bothering me (like i said, animosity was probably the wrong word to use), or egging me on to ban you.

it just did not make any sense to me lol

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I think they stopped that.

but as to zips post, T.S.O.L was WTAW for ages before he even got mod on here, he pmed me with that tidbit of info quite a while ago, now though he is staff here, and everyone knows it was him (not by me though, this is the first time i have told anyone).

So no its not their fault as they were probably not even members when they sprung up, and if they do fight it, they get told they are siding with us and make a choice. So they cant do anything about it anyway, but they are not all as innocent as they seem.
    Me innocent? Come on now. But.. without making excuses, a certain staff member at one of the friendliest trackers around used to manage that thread as well. Whatever negative stigma the thread carries has not rubbed off on him; he's a great guy and that speaks loudest. I don't find anyone in particular judges me based on that anymore. And it's still just part of the job, every once in a while.

(Just spent an hour catching up on this thread/getting distracted by other things. Seems the topic has drifted but the first couple pages were very interesting and a great read, something rarer for me these days. Since it's off topic I won't change it back but I saw your post and felt I could elaborate a little on it)

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    I really get tired of seeing this moral indignation from people happily engaging in criminal activity every day. Let me get this straight: You're fine with the theft and distribution of copyrighted material, but the thought of someone breaking the tracker rules disgusts you? You're frustrated because you're a hypocrite, so the world will never make sense to you.

If you follow the rules because you like the tracker and enjoy the community, fine. If you do it out of ethical motivation, you're a fool. And if you think anyone should do the same, you're delusional.

"Be easy, my ninja."

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast