Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Report Expected To Confirm Failure To Find Wmd

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Oil for food program

Oil-for-Food Programme

The Security Council adopted this program in 1995 after widespread criticisms of the humanitarian crisis in Iraq under comprehensive economic sanctions. After delays, humanitarian supplies began to arrive in 1997. Though the program lessened the crisis, it did not end it. Under its rules, the UN controlled all revenues from Iraq's oil sales and contracts within the program were subject to oversight. The US and the UK often imposed political blockages on legitimate humanitarian contracts, claiming "dual-use" as military items. Procedures were slow, monies were withheld for war reparations, and Iraq's oil industry could not obtain either investments or adequate spare parts. Beginning in late 2001, the US-UK throttled Iraq's oil sales through abusive control over the contract price, drastically reducing funds available for the program. The adoption of Resolution 1483 in May 2003 put an end to sanctions and foresaw the phasing out of the Programme over 6 months and the gradual transfer of its administration to the US-UK authorities in Iraq.

I thought Resolution 1483 lifted sanctions.... although admitedly it doesnt come into effect until 6 months after the resolution was made.

Has something else happened that ive missed? (I admit i havent watched the news in about a month, since its so depressing at the moment....)

Oil for food program is bad now, because the US/UK basically blocked it, changed it and stole the money generated for "war reparations"....ie paying for the illegal bombing runs on Iraq during the last decade.

THEY made the program that way; so why are they complaining about it being that way now? It was originaly a Humanitarian program....the fact that it will take as long for them to change it back to such, as it will for the sanctions to finally be totally lifted, is no fault of anyone but them, surely.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean@4 October 2003 - 13:37
    @ Calvarian ....Haha!!

LOL Thank you so much Billy Dean. I know it's childish to pull pranks but I just couldn't resist in your case. I only joined this board to annoy you.

You think this was a secret? You haven't had an opinion of your own since you started posting. It has always been obvious what your agenda was.

But thank you for coming, your idiocy was truly humourous. Now, back to school with you!

Don't flatter yourself. Read this:

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/weblogs/mohl...29/2003#1222302

This sums up the arrogance held by atheists (such as yourself) quite well.

Unless you're a convert to Islam? In that case this link:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=34836

I think at one point you asked for proof that Islam is a violent religion. Well, let's to the source, the Koran and the Hadith.

1) Sunan Abu-Dawud Book 38, Number 4396

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:
    A thief was brought to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). He said: Kill him. The people said: He has committed theft, Apostle of Allah! Then he said: Cut off his hand. So his (right) hand was cut off. He was brought a second time and he said: Kill him. The people said: He has committed theft, Apostle of Allah! Then he said: Cut off his foot.
    So his (left) foot was cut off.
    He was brought a third time and he said: Kill him.
    The people said: He has committed theft, Apostle of Allah!
    So he said: Cut off his hand. (So his (left) hand was cut off.)
    He was brought a fourth time and he said: Kill him.
    The people said: He has committed theft, Apostle of Allah!
    So he said: Cut off his foot. So his (right) foot was cut off.
    He was brought a fifth time and he said: Kill him.
    So we took him away and killed him. We then dragged him and cast him into a well and threw stones over him.

2) See how Muhammad dealt with the unbelievers:

Sunan Abu-Dawud Book 38, Number 4359

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas:
    The verse "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Apostle, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite side or exile from the land...most merciful" was revealed about polytheists. If any of them repents before they are arrested, it does not prevent from inflicting on him the prescribed punishment, which he deserves.”

How tolerant of other faiths and religions!

3) Sahih Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 577:

I heard the Prophet saying, "In the last days (of the world) there will appear young people with foolish thoughts and ideas. They will give good talks, but they will go out of Islam as an arrow goes out of its game, their faith will not exceed their throats. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for there will be a reward for their killers on the Day of Resurrection."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 52, Number 260:

Ali burnt some people and this news reached Ibn 'Abbas, who said, "Had I been in his place I would not have burnt them, as the Prophet said, 'Don't punish (anybody) with Allah's Punishment.' No doubt, I would have killed them, for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

4) Volume 9, Book 83, Number 17:
    Narrated 'Abdullah:
    Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

5) Unbelievers
    2:191, And slay them wherever ye catch them

2:193, And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression

2:216, Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you

3:28, Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah

4:48 “Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed.”

4:84, Then fight in Allah’s cause - Thou art held responsible only for thyself - and rouse the believers. It may be that Allah will restrain the fury of the Unbelievers; for Allah is the strongest in might and in punishment.

4:141, And never will Allah grant to the unbelievers a way (to triumphs) over the believers

5:33, The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;

8:12, I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them

8:15-16, O ye who believe! when ye meet the Unbelievers in hostile array, never turn your backs to them. If any do turn his back to them on such a day - unless it be in a stratagem of war, or to retreat to a troop (of his own)- he draws on himself the wrath of Allah, and his abode is Hell,- an evil refuge (indeed)!

8:17, It is not ye who slew them; it was Allah: when thou threwest (a handful of dust), it was not thy act, but Allah’s: in order that He might test the Believers by a gracious trial from Himself

8:60, Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly.

8:65, O Prophet! rouse the Believers to the fight. If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering, they will vanquish two hundred: if a hundred, they will vanquish a thousand of the Unbelievers

9:5, But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem.

6) Volume 7, Book 62, Number 33:

Narrated Usama bin Zaid:

The Prophet said, "After me I have not left any affliction more harmful to men than women."

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 31:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Evil omen was mentioned before the Prophet: The Prophet said, "If there is evil omen in anything, it is in the house, the woman and the horse."

I could quote all day, rather I shall give you a link: http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/quran_teaches.htm

Or about about this, an article by Salman Rushdie!

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/rushd...about_islam.htm

"ONDON -- "This isn't about Islam." The world's leaders have been repeating this mantra for weeks, partly in the virtuous hope of deterring reprisal attacks on innocent Muslims living in the West, partly because if the United States is to maintain its coalition against terror it can't afford to suggest that Islam and terrorism are in any way related.

The trouble with this necessary disclaimer is that it isn't true. If this isn't about Islam, why the worldwide Muslim demonstrations in support of Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda? Why did those 10,000 men armed with swords and axes mass on the Pakistan-Afghanistan frontier, answering some mullah's call to jihad? Why are the war's first British casualties three Muslim men who died fighting on the Taliban side?"

Perhaps this isn't good enough? Not even quotes from the Muslim holy book, the Koran? And the Hadith which is accepted as the words of Mohammed himself? Fact: I never said Muslims (in general) are violent, I said their religion is. There will be those that are peaceful and those that actually believe these statements and use them as justification for slamming planes into office buildings.

There are also dozens of articles on the internet written by Muslims, explaining why they left Islam. Here is one such article:

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/..._left_islam.htm

It seems everyone except the politically-correct in the West are willing to admit what a violent creed is the Koran.

If anything, BD, it is YOU who are blinded to the truth.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Want everyone to start pasting the crap in the Bible now?

Have to admit to not knowing much...but i recall a bear sent to kill some children for teasing an old man.

And im sure there was something about being a "Vengeful God".....

And there was the passages that Vlad the Impaler used to justify his actions....i'll have to look them up.....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Calvarian2000@5 October 2003 - 09:25
    Just when we thought you couldn't be stupider .... !

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by Billy_Dean+5 October 2003 - 12:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 5 October 2003 - 12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Calvarian2000@5 October 2003 - 09:25
    Just when we thought you couldn&#39;t be stupider .... &#33;

[/b][/quote]
    Speak for yourself.

I thought he could be stupider.

Still do as a matter of fact.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234