Thread: Disabling Logo Testing

RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Downloaded halo, and (after a few dll issues I managed to sort) I now have to install Microsoft Direct X 9b for the game to run. However, whenever I run its install file a message pops up telling me it has not passed logo testing and will not be installed (with no options to ignore etc)

I had a look on the windows website, and they had a link to an article relating to this problem, but when i click it it says the article I am trying to access has moved or is not available. I have done a few google earches but nothing of use has come up.

So, my question is, do any of you people out there know how to disable Windows XP logo testing, and would you share that knowledge with me, as its very frustrating having just fixed one problem to run into another so soon

Thanks for any help guys

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I've never heard anything about your particular problem. What exactly are you trying to install, the Runtime or the Redistributable? I'd get the DirectX 9.0b Redistributable.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Redistributable? just get the one off windows update.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Have you looked in local security policy, something similar to unsigned driver installation behaviour maybe? Under devices - see if setting it to "silently succeed" or "warn but allow installation" help at all.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@1 October 2003 - 22:55
    Redistributable? just get the one off windows update.
    .... which is the runtime, which allows directx setup to download and install the necessary components to update directx on an individual system.

The redistributable is still directx9.0b, but it can be saved to disk.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    ah i see

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by balamm@1 October 2003 - 17:20
    Have you looked in local security policy, something similar to unsigned driver installation behaviour maybe? Under devices - see if setting it to "silently succeed" or "warn but allow installation" help at all.
    Yeah, thats the problem.

The thing is It really shouldnt be doing that unless someone went in and set that option manuallly in group policy.

I thought the default for that was warn but allow.