Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you put cereal in before or after putting in milk?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Considering that either way it's immersed for the same amount of time I'd tend to agree .

2. Lounge   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Considering that either way it's immersed for the same amount of time I'd tend to agree .
    :sage:

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Why would you eat cereals? Either it's like eating smashed cookies with milk or smashed, old crisp bread with milk depending on how "healthy" your cereals are.

Thank god for ryebread and coffe!
    Last edited by charliebitme; 08-15-2009 at 11:24 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Nub. Sooooooo innocent. You have not been taught well. It is far far surperior after. When you pour it on top, the milk goes ALL OVER IT, soggying it up. And its weird cause most people put all they're going to eat first, and then it gets soggy as the finish it.

Tesco speaks the truth.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    So if I take a shower I will get soggier than if I take a bath.That's good to know next time I need to get really wet.

Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-16-2009 at 01:23 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    No, it would be like:

You put your entire body in the bathtub, then pour water until the tub is filled then take a bath.

Versus

Fill the tub with water, wash your foot, take it out, wash your arm, take it out, ect. ect. It doesn't work too well but the metaphor doesn't fit

7. Lounge   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    No, it would be like:

You put your entire body in the bathtub, then pour water until the tub is filled then take a bath.

Versus

Fill the tub with water, wash your foot, take it out, wash your arm, take it out, ect. ect. It doesn't work too well but the metaphor doesn't fit
    A better one is:

Get into a tub that's already filled with water, versus getting into one that's empty and then having water dumped onto you until it's finished.
    The first your hair and upper half would be dry, but in the second you're completely wet.

I see how your trying to apply that to the cereal saying that only the bottom half of it is wet so it gets soggy slower but that's wrong because the majority of the cereal is fully submerged anyway. It really doesn't matter whether you put it in before or after the milk. The only thing that matters is how much goes in / how quickly you eat it.

I can't believe i'm taking this thread so seriously. SmileySuicide.gif

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Haha I guess your kinda right. I think the main point is that most people people I know think they should dump in all the cereal they're planning to eat, then start pouring in milk. <---- Fail. :-P

This is the lounge, anything goes. Take it as seriously as you want!

9. Lounge   -   #19
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I'd prefer putting milk in the cereal box.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    This is crazy talk. The milk is lubricant for the cereal. Do you pour oil into a tub and throw the engine parts in afterwards?

What if you have too few cereal flake left and have over milked? What if you when you fill the bowl with cereal you realise you have under-milked?

Milk second is the only logical solution.....

Of course you could go to the fridge and realise you are out of milk and have to eat toast and marmalade instead.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast