Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rapidshare sucks

Why did I trust in RapidShare...well, I no longer will. And who's to say any other centralized file sharing service won't go down the same path.

Torrenting FTW!

official email from rapidshare
    Dear RapidShare.com Premium account holder,

Your RapidShare account is being terminated due to violating our Conditions of Use.

It has come to our attention that you have violated our Conditions of Use by downloading files which violate the copyrights of third parties,and we are now in the process of terminating accounts that have downloaded these files. This is to ensure that more illegal content does not appear on our servers. We do not support or encourage the usage of illegal programs,music, or other media.

The terminated account will appear on Rapidshare servers for 2-3 days but you will not be granted access to it.

The login data for the terminated account is:

==============================
    Account number: xxxxxxxx
    Login alias:
    Password: xxxxxxxxx
    E-mail address: xxxxxxxxxxx
    ==============================

* Please do not respond to this message as it is a automated service.

RapidShare.com Abuse Office

RapidShare AG
    Gewerbestrasse 6
    6330 Cham
    Switzerland

Tel: +41 41 748 78 80
    Fax: +41 41 748 78 99

Web: http://www.rapidshare.com

Dies ist eine vertrauliche Nachricht und nur für den Adressaten bestimmt. Es ist nicht erlaubt, diese Nachricht zu kopieren oder Dritten zugänglich zu machen. Sollten Sie irrtümlich diese Nachricht erhalten haben, bitte ich um Ihre Mitteilung per E-Mail oder unter der oben angegebenen Telefonnummer.

This message is confidential and intended for the recipient only. It is not allowed to copy this message, or to make it accessible for third parties. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by email, or by the above telephone number.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Ouch =/

Question though, who the hell do they think will actually pay for their premium service if no warez/people who download warez are allowed on there?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    OH NO. Gulp. Has my account been hacked (phished)?

http://www.topstori.com/solution-rap...ount-hacked/16

I looked at the email header of this message, and it's from <mywallsc at khanika.ethii.com>.

If I've been phished, how the heck could that have happened? I'm careful with my RS usage, am never fooled by phishing emails, and mainly upload to rs, not download, tbh. What occasion could have allowed for me to enter my details to a phishing domain? I ONLY ever log into my RS account by folowing my firefox bookmark :S. Does JDownloader steal account info? (the only other possible scenario I could think of).

I have emailed RS to see if my account really has been terminated or not.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Ronnie Coleman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I feel sorry for you. Rapidshare service doesn't make sense without right to upload/download illegal content.
    "Do well and you will have no need for ancestors." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    You've been phished. RS's whole service is based on warez, they aren't going to start terminating accounts for this.

Ask RS to get your account back. And for now, only download links that are wrapped in [code][/code. That's why Warez-BB made it standard that you wrap your links in that code because you can easily see if it's a phish link or not.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 08-17-2009 at 05:41 PM.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    always make sure you got that LOCK on
    and always check the url before going there...
    Last edited by $SnoopDo2G$; 08-17-2009 at 04:47 PM.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    You've definitely been phished and i'd advise you to change passwords of other important sites like paypal or facebook and if you can,do it on your pda or something.
    Did you have the security lock on?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    You've been phished. RS's whole service is based on warez, they aren't going to start terminating accounts for this.

Ask RS to get your account back. And for now, only download links that are wrapped in . That's why Warez-BB made it standard that you wrap your links in that code because you can easily see if it's a phish link or not.
    Hey funkin.

Yes I am certain I have been phished now. The fake email address confirms it. They recited back my account name and password fully correctly, they most definitely have access to my account until RS will give it back to me.

But I am honestly tryi
    ng to work out WHAT phishing link I clicked on! I practically soley use warez-bb for the occasional software download, I've hardly used RS in the last month, and only mainly uploaded stuff.

But the reality is, I just MUST have clicked on a bad link.

This is fricken awful. I'm a massive RS uploader and now all my hundreds of GBs of files (unique music rips, not just mirrors of scene content) are wiped.

Is my paypal account (what I use to pay for RS) in danger? I'm thinking not so, I'm assuming the control of the phisher only lies as far as the rs account.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Found this article on what to do if your account gets stolen:
    http://www.stumblerz.com/how-to-get-...ck-if-scammed/

Black hats can embed password stealers to videos these days.Google on something they call istealer if you still have doubts as to how much they could may have on you.It could be nothing but its good to take precaution.
    Try to google yourself a little too,emails,nicknames etcetc
    Last edited by sez; 08-17-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Security lock...dang....I never thought of doing that. I never quite knew about the phishing problem.

In any case...I have the automatic download option ticked but I have firefox kill cookies and cache upon close, so sometimes I have to log in. THAT's what made it hard to differentiate it, I guess. But I hardly ever DL RS links from the site....

I really think I have been unfortunate!

Thanks for that link sez, that's extremely helpful <3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast