View Poll Results: Is rave just mindless crap that requires no real talent?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • 42 54.55%
  • 35 45.45%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Is Rave Just Mindless Crap ?

*Grunt*
    Techno/synthasized music can be orginised into several catagories try not to get them mixed up.

2. Music   -   #42
    rave is not crap at all its one of the best musics around in my opinion its doesnt just take a few buttons to make a track ya know u try and release atrack in the scene from ejay and see how far u get the ravers wud chew u up and spit u out. its the roky goff shit thats crap its so depressing atleast rave makes u wont to get up and have a gud dance rather than kill the person next to you iv been lisening to rave UPRISING for about 8yrs now and i never get sick of it with every different set there is a different world of massive tunes at one point it nearly rule the country of england now hardore is back for gud
    BIG SHOUGHT OUT TO THE DINNINGTON AND UPRISING CREW

3. Music   -   #43
    rave is not crap at all its one of the best musics around in my opinion its doesnt just take a few buttons to make a track ya know u try and release atrack in the scene from ejay and see how far u get the ravers wud chew u up and spit u out. its the roky goff shit thats crap its so depressing atleast rave makes u wont to get up and have a gud dance rather than kill the person next to you iv been lisening to rave UPRISING for about 8yrs now and i never get sick of it with every different set there is a different world of massive tunes at one point it nearly rule the country of england now hardore is back for gud
    BIG SHOUGHT OUT TO THE DINNINGTON AND UPRISING CREW
    i did say it was all personal opinion but due to this blokes attitude and discrimination against certain music genres i must say he has to learn to spell! i mean 'shought'? puh-lease!!! and 'roky goff'? do you actually spell like that or is it just 'hardcore net chat' as youll probablys call it? and that 'roky goff'(im assuming its rocky goth) doesnt make you want to kill the person next to you if its depressing it makes you want to kill yourself if its depressing! if it were to make you kill the person next to you it would be psycopthic or sociopathic(i think but i could be wrong). so please listen up in english lessons and dont call 'rok' shit when you like rave, the pathetic excuse for a music genre that only succeeds in amusing 'doped up' or 'buzzin' kiddies in rave clubs. thank you and good night

4. Music   -   #44
    ^sry every1s not a supar spellar like you.

What is rave exactly, i like alot of electronic music atb,daft punk, utah saints, trance control, chicane ext... but what is rave? is that just any dance music or does it have a specific sound?

5. Music   -   #45
    *Grunt*
    Talk about assuming that your taste reflects everyone.

6. Music   -   #46
    Originally posted by fightthelaw@8 October 2003 - 00:44
    ^sry every1s not a supar spellar like you.

What is rave exactly, i like alot of electronic music atb,daft punk, utah saints, trance control, chicane ext... but what is rave? is that just any dance music or does it have a specific sound?
    Type in 'Happy Hardcore' & download some of that it will answer your question.

7. Music   -   #47
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    look sliek most ppl think its crap

8. Music   -   #48
    I've been to a few raves in my time. The most interesting one I can recall was inside a large turn of the century warehouse in a capitol city. The sound I was following from set to set was not the typical 4-on-the-floor house, and it wasn't d&b, it was just totally underground breakbeat-mix turntablism. I remember these two guys in the bottom of the building with four turntables, they blew my mind because they we're literally playing their beat patterns and melodys with scratch techniques. They even imitated a 4-on-the-floor with some jazz breaks just to get a laugh-cheer from the crowd. I thought they were talented because they were great at what they were doing.
    I don't know about 'rave' music, though. That's vague. Maybe this debate is about mainstream vs underground..... or inexperienced people making lackluster tracks vs veteran dj's.

9. Music   -   #49
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by Adster@9 October 2003 - 11:27
    look sliek most ppl think its crap

don't forget the mindless bit

10. Music   -   #50
    *Grunt*
    "Mindless" you could be right maybe i should get rid of that part.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast