Thread: Converting PAL to NTSC? Possible?

hmm ok I burn this iso into a dvd disc and the dvd movie play great on my harddrive but... when I tried playing it on my dvd player turns out it can't be played cause its in PAL version. Is there any software that allow a PAL version to be converted to NTSC?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I do it all the time with DvdSanta .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Does this DVDSanta take an ISO file and burn and convert it to NTSC on a DVD though?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'v only used it to convert retail Pal dvd's to Ntsc , that and Dvd Shrink. Is it just "one" file your trying to convert ? By that I mean you D/L'd a Pal movie by mistake .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    yeah just one movie file.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    You might find it quicker to download a NTSC version if one is available, and the results would most certainly be better.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I've used a combination of Nero and dvdshrink. Nero Vision Express has a section in its options where you set your area to NTSC and after that it will change the area of PAL files you load to NTSC if you tell it to at the end. Two problems with it though, one is Nero likes to reencode stuff into Nero format so a proper sized video all of a sudden becomes too big, thats where shrink comes in after the conversion. The other problem is forget the menus, they can not be added like a VOB file, OH you can add them but they will not function. You can add a nero menu but they suck.

Because of the menu problem what you do is extract the files from your iso (I use Ultraiso, gspot will open a main movie vob and tell you if its PAL > 25frms or NTSC > 23 or 29frms before you go thru all this) to the hard drive and open Nero Vision Express and choose the Make DVD > DVD-Video menu on the right, add only the main movie vobs, highlight and drag and drop them all (ignore the first small one its the menus) which will be all of the 1gigs and the last smaller one. When it asks if you want to merge the files say yes. At the next screen or two you will need to add chapters manually at 5min intervals if you want to be able to jump thru the flick. I typically choose no menu at all, that makes things much faster, near the end it will say there is more PAL than NTSC do you want to make it PAL and you say NO! The resulting Nero crap will be larger than a DVD5 so you have to shrink it with DvdShrink to size.

Better yet use ConvertX to DVD if you have it, its a little more forgiving and easier than Nero.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 08-16-2009 at 02:31 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    xD i thought about Xbox games...well i think ConvertX to DVD can do it..

i dont have that much experiance