Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble Downloading

Question Mark

I got a Virus this past week that effected my Anti-virus software, I managed to get rid of it by uninstalling and reinstalling my anti-virus software and running a scan. But ever since then I've been having trouble downloading with standard Trackers private or public, I'm able to download with DHT.

Is there something I can do to fix this other then reformatting?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Have you tried downloading without the antivirus software in your computer?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    No I've been using this anti-virus for months and I always have my Torrents running is the first time I've had any think like this happen...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Clean install.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Clean little helper BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    If you don't say how the trouble manifests itself, nobody can help you.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    the infection that mcafee found was Dialer 182.. before I uninstalled it and reinstalled McAfee it would tell e my computer isn't fully protected so I would open mcafee and click the fix it button. That would only last a few minutes and I would have to click it again.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Clean little helper BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    I understand. But you got rid of the virus, didn't you? But now you have trouble downloading. And the question is: how does this trouble manifest itsalf? Do you get an error on the torrent or it is just stuck? Do you appear connectable on the trackers? McAfee has a firewall? If yes, isn't it set to a too restrictive setting?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I checked my firewall settings and Utorrent has full access... when a new torrent is loaded from my Fav private tracker TVTorrents.com or TV-vault I check the tracker Status column and it's blank nothing there but I can see how many seed and peers are there, Now for the stuff that been on my machine a while seems to seed ok but the new torrents I get the blank status....In the update column it just says updating and nothing comes of it just stays like that with no change....

now with public tracker they sometimes seem to work and if they don't the status will be "Offline (timed out)" with the never ending updating....

I've check my connectible and everything there Checks out good

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    djerholler69's Avatar Love Bytes! BT Rep: +3
    Strange issues, maybe the virus couldn't be cleaned that well? Have you tried using another computer/laptop to download?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    No I haven't This is the only machine I have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast