Thread: a question about xirvik seedboxes

Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    do they have vnc or remote destop access so that i can use rapiduploader to put stuff in my collectors acc?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I think not by default but if you ask nicely, they can help you out with that.

You're not specifying what you looking at (shared or dedicated) but you can help yourself out by installing software on the dedi-machines usually.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rhemux View Post
    do they have vnc or remote destop access so that i can use rapiduploader to put stuff in my collectors acc?
    You can get a server with root access so you can install anything you want instead of using our default seedbox setup.

The only catch is that if you get root, then you are root. You know, with great power comes great responsability, etc :-)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Being able to upload to rapidshare would be a nice feature

and by saying root access server you mean a non shared seebox ($4.95 / week)
    but an empty server without Torrentflux-b4rt pre-installed and non configured server ?
    i would have to do all that for my self?

your default seedbox setup sounds fine if only a rapidshare uploader tool were possible it would be a perfet setup (for me)

UPDATE:ive been reading the site -FAQ-
    What software woulde be needed to install to use the server as a seedbox for torrents and rapidshare ?

Torrentflux-b4rt
    winrar trough wine
    rapiduploader
    freenx to connect to server from my pc would be enough?

would this be enough?
    what about the gui?
    Last edited by rhemux; 08-21-2009 at 02:56 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    UPDATE:ive been reading the site -FAQ-
    What software woulde be needed to install to use the server as a seedbox for torrents and rapidshare ?
    We don't use rapidshare so we can't help you with that. For a dedicated seedbox, if yo are going to install everything and use desktop access, we don't recommend torrentflux-b4rt. You can use transmission, rtorrent, utorrent (with WINE), etc. Plenty to choose from.

freenx to connect to server from my pc would be enough?

Yes

what about the gui?
    GUI for what? It is a standard word, but most utorrent users refer to its web interface by it, took me a while to figure it out :-)

If you install utorrent then you can have its web interface, of course.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    to have root acess what is the plan type? Price and time of use