Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Do We Know ?

Poster
    Originally posted by Gutter@3 October 2003 - 17:25
    Don't forget to make a note of the user name you got that fake from, if you can
    There is no real point in doing that though as you can change your username with ease.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Originally posted by N£MO+3 October 2003 - 18:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N£MO @ 3 October 2003 - 18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gutter@3 October 2003 - 17:25
    Don&#39;t forget to make a note of the user name you got that fake from, if you can
    There is no real point in doing that though as you can change your username with ease. [/b][/quote]
    I know, I know. In future I will get their IP address as well, because now I know how to do Start > Run > cmd > netstat . Then I will put the IP address on the list of banned IP ranges, on my own computer.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984+3 October 2003 - 16:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 &#064; 3 October 2003 - 16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by N£MO@3 October 2003 - 18:00
    <!--QuoteBegin-Gutter
    @3 October 2003 - 17:25
    Don&#39;t forget to make a note of the user name you got that fake from, if you can
    There is no real point in doing that though as you can change your username with ease.
    I know, I know. In future I will get their IP address as well, because now I know how to do Start > Run > cmd > netstat . Then I will put the IP address on the list of banned IP ranges, on my own computer.[/b][/quote]Here&#39;s a quicker way:

Hunt for known-to-be-corrupted MP3s&#33;
    Try to download a LOT of them but make sure to pause them instead of letting them come out of the queued state.
    THEN do autosearch more on them to get LOTS of sources for each. (It helps to have source max set to 40 or even higher&#33
    THEN open their DAT files using K-Dat and hunt for sources of different sizes, high speeds, tight ip clustering in narrow ranges (They are probably using narrow ip ranges no bigger than 65,536 ips and possibly only 256 ips.), AND whois/DNS lookup on the ips doesn&#39;t return ISP info but instead gets strange companies (shell companies they&#39;re using) or NOTHING&#33;

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I&#39;ve read many times that the RIAA and the like have been uploading these files and they have been appearing ever since the RIAA "waged war" on P2P. I have no specific proof though but I would not be suprised.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by SeK612@3 October 2003 - 16:24
    I&#39;ve read many times that the RIAA and the like have been uploading these files and they have been appearing ever since the RIAA "waged war" on P2P. I have no specific proof though but I would not be suprised.
    YEs and this has been said over and over again.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    I think that in future, this is what everyone should do to try and stop the spread of fake files.

1) When downloading a song, always preview it to check it&#39;s genuine.
    2) If it&#39;s fake, then click the button to find more files from the same user.
    3) Check to see if they&#39;re fake as well.
    4) If they are, then you know that this person is deliberately trying to ruin the network. So then try and find out their IP address.
    5) Add it to the text-file of banned ranges.
    6) Post the address on all the main filesharing forums, or put it on the peerguardian database, so then other people can add it to their list of banned ranges as well.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Poster
    Another theory regarding the fake file problem that I had some time ago on older versions of Kazaa...... I assumed ppl were just renaming files to music or movie files that were in demand.... this used to increase your rating when it mattered how many files you were uploading....

Just a thought... I haven&#39;t really been following the RIAA kerfufle (being from Canada)..however, from what I have been reading in forum threads, it&#39;s a HUGE concern as well... won&#39;t comment on an issue without more info...

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    You have to be an idiot or RIAA SPY to say RIAA *ISN&#39;T* corrupting MP3s&#33;

no ive got brains and dont believe every bit of bullshit teh media try to manipulate us with

oh im not an idiot im an RIAA spy

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Adster@5 October 2003 - 05:16
    You have to be an idiot or RIAA SPY to say RIAA *ISN&#39;T* corrupting MP3s&#33;

no ive got brains and dont believe every bit of bullshit teh media try to manipulate us with

oh im not an idiot im an RIAA spy
    maybe we&#39;ll cook your balls and feed them to the crows

damn riaa spies, burn in hell

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I see you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123