Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Request - Sct

n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastaccount View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Your username may be misguiding for potential inviters. Also, invites cost money.

i go by last on a bunch of forums if it's any concern to anyone, proof is available

Originally Posted by Cabalo
    oh my... this request should be pinned, in the lulz section.

oh my? really? are you my grandmother? - anyway, lulz b/c because i'm some normal guy who is not obsessed with torrent trackers like SOME people...I don't do giveaways, i talk/type normally, not like some 15 year old euro douchebag, and say giveaways are bad for trackers? try asking your decent tracker admin how he feels about fst and then we'll talk
    ROFL.. what the fuck are ya doin here? Ask "those" tracker Admins to invite ya instead..(HYPOCRISY FTW!!)
    another neat example of what guys end up doing (sucking up to staffers, without having any first hand experience about anything they comment on) to get an invite, or, to stay all goody goody in their non existent good books!

anyway, thanks for the lulz right in the morning..gotta give ya credit for that!
    Last edited by n00bz0r; 08-24-2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Why do all requests to high level trackers have to turn into giant edrama fests when the OP gets mauled?

As to the OP, do what F1 said... and flaming other long standing and regular members here doesn't help. One thing as well... If you have such a bad opinion of FST similar to "what other tracker staff" think of it, why bother even making a request here? You're just becoming even more "hypocritical", as you have said.
    Most long-standing members don't get involved, but some guys (like this one) are just BEGGING to get kicked around a bit...

Had he simply asked, it would not have brought much attention. He probably wouldn't have got his request filled, but I am reasonably certain he won't now. This guy had to turn his nose up at the whole site and makes assumptions about its members. If he acted the same way in a bar, he would get his ass kicked there also.

Who needs him? If he's gonna act like that, he might as well trade for his invites. Nobody has a reason to help him.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Rart you're forgetting were on FST, not some restricted sandbox like TPS . People here remind me of shark loaners...lol.

Also, the invite giveaways I think are a bad idea. If I'm not mistaken SCT dislikes giveaways and a member here even got banned because of it.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Why come here if you look down upon the forum? You don't have to do giveaways to be active here. If you know someone is a good person, respects the sites he/she is invited to, then you can trust them to behave on a site if invited. So where are these reps that will vouch for you? Could you not ask them or are you asking for a invite to invite others them to the site also? Be active here and wait,participate on the forum or go ask your tracker staff friends for a invite.

i go by last on a bunch of forums if it's any concern to anyone, proof is available oh my? really? are you my grandmother? anyway, b/c because i'm some guy who is obsessed with torrent trackers like SOME people...I don't do giveaways, i talk/type normally like some 15 year old euro douchebag, and say giveaways are bad for trackers? try asking your decent tracker admin how he feels about fst and then we'll talk
    Doubt your request will ever be filled here! Not with your simple minded comments, ask on your bunch of other l33t forums. Which I bet you have already.
    Last edited by pone44; 08-24-2009 at 03:25 AM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    I don't think Give-aways are bad in themselves, but they really depend on how much care the inviter takes before giving the invite away.

Some people sincerely care about the sites they belong to and who joins under their name. Others couldn't care less about either.

I have personally benefited by people taking a "chance" on me. I am proud to live up to that trust and have made several friends by doing so.

Without invite give-aways and open-signups trackers would be filled with very few people who already knew each other before the site. While some may think this ideal, "new blood" is a necessity in any organization. It brings in new ideas and can also make things more fun.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I don't think Give-aways are bad in themselves, but they really depend on how much care the inviter takes before giving the invite away.

Some people sincerely care about the sites they belong to and who joins under their name. Others couldn't care less about either.

I have personally benefited by people taking a "chance" on me. I am proud to live up to that trust and have made several friends by doing so.

Without invite give-aways and open-signups trackers would be filled with very few people who already knew each other before the site. While some may think this ideal, "new blood" is a necessity in any organization. It brings in new ideas and can also make things more fun.
    Consequently, some trackers do not agree with your premise.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    There's a fine line between invites and security =/

While on the one hand it's great to have new blood and more activity in a tracker, some sites are extremely paranoid about feds (higher level sites come to mind) and as such really don't want open giveaways.

TL is having completely open invites through irc and its really annoying some members of the site as to how open its become. I've also seen on BG where my inviter has probably invited 12 people and 10 of them have been disabled but he still holds his account just fine.

I guess it really depends on the site.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    thelastaccount's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    yeah i suck at adopting some hive mind sense of humor and at regurgitating unoriginal responses - you, on the other hand, should give lessons
    Myspleen FTW

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    yeah i suck
    Fixed it for ya. Yeah, I know it isn't original. But it is soooo true!

Feel free to stop in occasionally. You are good for a laugh (at you) and some of our regular hopeless dreamers could learn a thing or two from you on how to totally FAIL a REQ.

Good luck, where ever life decides to kick you!

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    scribble's Avatar Emma Watson <3 BT Rep: +2
    lol....
    Emma Watson is Beautiful!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast