Thread: Mozy Online Back-Up Problems

I installed MOZY FREE Backup software on my computer by following their instructions.
    After installation, my computer kept freezing and then I got the Windows Blue Screen of Death!
    Basically, MOZY FREE Backup CRASHED my computer. I could not even do a system restore. I had to restore my computer from scratch. I am still in the process of putting back all my programs and files, this is very time consuming.
    Furthermore, after I backed up my files, I could not retrieve them using another computer. It kept telling me that I had to register and install MOZY Backup, it just would not retrieve my previous registration.
    I am still not able to retrieve my files. Luckily, I kept local backups on some DVD's. MOZY may be free, but there is always a catch. Please be aware Mozy free backup could crash your computer?
    Maybe that's how they get you; then they tell you have to purchase one of their plans???
    FYI: I have 2GB of RAM and a 2.0 GHz AMD processor and it still CRASHED it!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Are you trying to sabotage the competition by signing up at interweb forums and trashing them?

yo

3. Lounge   -   #3
    zedaxax's Avatar ___________
    1) Step one, open a new image, it doesnt really matter what size but be sure to set your background color to black. (this effect generally looks its best on a black background.) Make a new layer and select the \"Polygonal lasso tool\" and create an abstract shape that looks similar to the example below.(It doesnt really matter what color you use here either, but just dont make it too dark, and feel free to experiment.)

Please Report Any Broken Images

2) Now we can start our highlights of our smoke. Select the \"Dodge\" tool and make the brush size around \"50\" and the \"Range\" to \"highlights.\" Now use this tool around the edges and corners of your shape. Next, select the \"Burn tool\" and use it in the middle and wherever you see fit. You should have something that looks like this:

3) Here we can make it look like smoke now. Go to \"filter\"/\"Distort\"/\"Wave.\" And make the settings as follows: - Generators \"5\" - Wavelength \"10\"/\"120\" - Amplitude \"5\"/\"35\" - Scale at \"100%\" for both.

4) Right after you have used the \"wave\" filter you can go to \"Edit\"/\"Fade-Wave\" and set the opacity to \"50%.\" Now repeat this distort and fade method many times, or untill you think it looks best.

5) To make this effect look even better you may have to \"distort\", resize, and change the blending modes when fading a bit. And lastly, to make it different colors instead of the same throughout. make a new layer and use the \"brush\" tool all over the place using different colors. then set that layers \"blending mode\" to \"Overlay.\" And there you have it, a simple yet effective smoke method!