Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: college internet

Poster BT Rep: +2
    well torrenting in college is not possible,but what i would like to know is do they know which websites students go or they only see how much bandwidth is used?Thats because yesterday i wasnt able to go to FST at all and sometimes i wasnt able to visit my accounts on trackers.they might have trying to prevent me to use any sort of technique to download torrents i guess.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    uh download torrents as text files and then change the extension to .torrent once you've gotten it? Not too sure, I haven't really had much of a problem with my college.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    uh download torrents as text files and then change the extension to .torrent once you've gotten it? Not too sure, I haven't really had much of a problem with my college.
    well when i try to download the torrent file,nothing happens.there should be a screen showing to save the file or something.how do i change it as text file from the beginning?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    djerholler69's Avatar Love Bytes! BT Rep: +3
    doubt you could do that, but on some torrent sites, you can change the settings under your profile to download as text

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by djerholler69 View Post
    doubt you could do that, but on some torrent sites, you can change the settings under your profile to download as text
    I think demonoid does this. TC try downloading something with that setting and see if it works. Other than that I know of no other solution, but hopefully someone else does. Worst come to worst, get a friend to download all the torrent files you want and then send them over to you in an email.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Torrenting in college isn't such a good idea,worse if they've put obvious measures to prevent you from doing so.
    Usenet tends to be the next best option,RS too.
    Or streaming instead of DLing(http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/ <--the warez-bb for streams)
    or you can forget everything i just typed and read this paste:
    http://pastebin.ca/1543805

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sez,thanks for that last link you gave.maybe now i guess i can see movies and some tv episdoes after all.i will wish if they had games also

and speaking about text file,how do u convert the text file to torrent file?i just wanna try and see if these internet admins put even more restrictions and such.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    just change the .txt to .torrent
    Last edited by That1Guy; 08-27-2009 at 07:47 AM.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Torrenting in college isn't such a good idea,worse if they've put obvious measures to prevent you from doing so.
    Usenet tends to be the next best option,RS too.
    Or streaming instead of DLing(http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/ <--the warez-bb for streams)
    or you can forget everything i just typed and read this paste:
    http://pastebin.ca/1543805
    I second this. File-sharing on college campuses is definitely not a good idea because anti-pirate organizations like to target college networks. I've met people while in college that got sued. However, you can still be smart about it stream the material like sez stated here. It leaves no evidence on your end ^_^

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    If you are living on campus or your primary source of internet is your school I would suggest getting a seedbox or a usenet account (if they dont block usenet). My buddy lived on campus for a year and paying 10$ a month for a seedbox was the only way to get around the schools shaping. The seedbox downloads stuff and then you ftp it to your computer. Its worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast