Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone explain Usenet/Newsgroups to an idiot like me?

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Do you have any sites you would recommend?

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    blocknews or free IPv6 are a good start if your looking to try out newsgroups

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    As for fake files I think you have to use your head a little bit. Like Beck38 I have never had any issues downloading a fake file, but that may come down to experience. I also have not had much issue with p2p torrent sites either and do not find torrent generally slow. One way to minimise fake files is to check out VCD quality which list release films and then check the NFO to post on usenet.

I use usent because I do not have to worry about ratio. Speed is up to your max connection. Many providers include SSL so security is high, far better than Rapidshare for example. Retention now a year not long ago retention was only a couple of weeks. Older files do get reposted but generally usenet gets new files fairly quickly after release. There are pros and cons but I say life in the fast lane is better than spending hours and days uploading ratio 1:1. It took me a few days to understand usenet, that was before all the help videos on you tube etc. Once I understood I have never looked back.
    Last edited by Windy72; 09-06-2009 at 08:52 AM.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12