Thread: becoming a sort of a reseller isnt more cheaper?

Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    if a person get 1 or 2 more friendīs share the expenses isnt a better deal than buy it from any reseller?

If he presents himself as a reseller and only buys 1 server to share with his friends but renews the account for several months will ovh stop selling directly to him if he dont buy more than 1 server ?
    http://www.kimsufi.com/
    Kimsufi 500G 30€
    are there any more cost associated ? to buy a 30€ kimsufi dedi server
    you pay exactly that?
    Last edited by rhemux; 08-26-2009 at 08:27 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Got nothing to do with reselling; you can, as a person, get a machine from OVH, install the proper software you need and share it with 1, 2 or maybe 900 friends if you want.

And yes, as long as OVH gets paid, you can split the cost among your friends ofcourse.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    so the same apply to kimsufi servers (Kimsufi 500G 30€)
    is this the final price you pay ? it seem way to cheap considering the prices the resellers ask for the slice of the servers
    are there any users here who bought a server from them for personal use ?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I have several regular OVH-machines and they serve me quite well; if you're splitting with 3 persons, I would rather recommend the Kimsufi 750G or the OVH SuperPlan Mini since they are much beefier on the CPU and RAM... This leaves plenty of RAM & CPU for each person; the Celeron you're looking at is, in my opinion, waaaay underpowered.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Clean little helper BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Of course it's cheaper to buy directly from source, but many people are forced to use resellers because of the country they live in.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    djerholler69's Avatar Love Bytes! BT Rep: +3
    Yep, and also, sometimes people buy from resellers to get additional support if theyre not so good with handling their server configs