Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is RS so popular?

Cause it uses a timer to prevent abuse instead of a human confirmation. So if you had to grab some cds overnight you can drop the links into JDOWNLOADER (awsome program). Jdownloader can do the waiting to click a box and download stuff for you.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I meant, the daily caps for premium service...

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    I'm wondering this myself. For about half a year now, rapidshare has been rapidcrap for me. The downloads crap out after 2 minutes. It's completely unreliable. No way am I going to pay for a premium service when their 'free' service is junk.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    james223's Avatar t0rrents BT Rep: +1
    Rapidshare was great before the bad limits came in. I used to download full Xbox 360 rips in an hour. Was great. But since all these new rules have come into place with their daily limits I've turned away from it. It was an alternative to private torrent sites for me and RS had some stuff that is not always available else where.

I guess its so popular because it was one of the first ones of its kind. It became the standard in DDL.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by james223 View Post
    Rapidshare was great before the bad limits came in.
    ^^ What he said. Also, why is it so popular and why do so many use it? It was the early lead. Also, Points system? Really gay. B/c I'm sure most aren't premium users, so this benefits no one in particular except the uploaders. MU + Storage.To FTW

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    It has tons of storage and connectivity. Unless reported, all files will stay online with global conditions.
    Other hosts become slow over time (when getting popular) or lose files unexpectedly, have no/less reputation.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    My RS premium account ends in a few days,is their any better alternatives to RS,or should l just renew my acount ?

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I would personally recommend usenet, I have been recently learning alot about it from this forum and it seems pretty nice .

However, you seem like you're pretty well set from your userbar, you could just skip paying for anything all together.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Yeah,l don't need it but l download a lot of Hi Def,and keeping it & seeding back takes up alot HDD space.So l use RS & Trackers.

I will look into usenet.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    its popular because its popular, so everyone uses it
    unless you pay for premium it's really not all that great, especially compared to mediafire
    the problem is that pretty much everyone uploads to rs . . .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast