Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fox News

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@4 October 2003 - 16:35
    Al-Qaeda members fleeing Afghanistan have reportedly hid in northern Iraq, but in areas beyond Saddam’s control.

What type of terrorist groups has Iraq supported?
    Primarily groups that can hurt Saddam’s regional foes. Saddam has aided the Iranian dissident group Mujahedeen-e-Khalq and the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (known by its Turkish initials, PKK), a separatist group fighting the Turkish government. Moreover, Iraq has hosted several Palestinian splinter groups that oppose peace with Israel, including the mercenary Abu Nidal Organization, whose leader, Abu Nidal, was found dead in Baghdad in August 2002. Iraq has also supported the Islamist Hamas movement and reportedly channeled money to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers. A secular dictator, Saddam tended to support secular terrorist groups rather than Islamists such as al-Qaeda, experts say.

Quoted from Council of Foreign Relations
    I see your point, but mine is still valid:

While he may not have contributed directly, or monetarily, to al Qaeda (this is still a question, proof is "required", either way), his passivity as re: their activity and proximity is, in essence, collaborative.

This is what Bush meant when he said "you are either with us, or against us"; agree with Bush or not, Saddam fits the bill of being against us, and to split hairs over which terrorist groups he did or did not support is irrelevant.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    As long as you can laugh at the Irony, of US troops fighting alongside the very people that most Americans believed they were going into Iraq to kill.....

One mans Terrorist is anothers Freedom Fighter....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Now I fear I have missed something.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12