Thread: Trouble Uninstalling Day Of Defeat

I'm trying to uninstall the counterstrike add on, Day of Defeat. It looked pretty good, but ran terrible on my machine (bad, slow graphics card... bad slow computer). There wasn't an uninstall executable that came with it, so how do i get rid of it? I was thinking about just deleting the folder that had it in there, but decided I should ask first.

Thanks for any help!

2. Games   -   #2
    Only in a Processor.
    Don't delete the folder!! for it will mess it up even more. Because when u install a game it makes things in your registry, maybe some .dll files in your windows folder, and isn't really smart. How did you install it anywho? CD, or extraction folder?
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

3. Games   -   #3
    Yeah, in my younger years, I did some "folder deleting." Then i wondered why my computer was so messed up

The game was installed via the downloadable version from the day of defeat website. Its a 100% legit copy.

4. Games   -   #4
    Only in a Processor.
    I did that in my younger years, then my computer crashed . But you should be able to uninstall the first version, since counterstrike is an add-on, it will uninstall it also. Have you tried putting that add-on cd in? Sometimes they give you the option to unininstall, in place of where the Install button was.
    Only in a computer will I find happiness.

5. Games   -   #5
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    just delete the folder called dod in the Half-Life directory - unless you're using Steam, i'm not sure how that works
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. Games   -   #6
    As far as i know the only major registry changes half life and the mods make is adding a cd key and thats it.

It is safe to delete the dod folder just.