Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti virus software that uses the lest resources

Everyone has different choices of virus software , but which one uses less resources of all.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Amen to that. I basically swore off Anti viruses cause they'd use more processing than any other program combined.

If there was any light one that really didn't intrude too much that'd be great. (And works with W7?)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I suggest just running the bare minimum and not all the extras the anti-virus comes with I know sysmantic comes with a ton of extras and is a hog.
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Avira AntiVir. Uses practically no resources at all, and has one of the highest detection rates (top 3). And it's free.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    But if u think it over , if it ses least resources then it might not be just that good .. u need something moderate , ofcourse u tried alot of antivirus software and hate some ,exclude them and try new ones ..that's how u will reach the perfect antivirus for u
    for me i hate avira

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    dadelor's Avatar Supercalafragalistic BT Rep: +4
    Dont forget about Nod32 i think it uses about 16 megs of memory or maybe less and virtually nothing for the cpu its very light, even when scanning it doesnt slow the computer down. Avira is another one that doesnt use much resources.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I use Comodo (Free version). Seems much lighter on resources than most (if not all) security suites I have tried. The firewall ranks up with Kaspersky's. I have personal experience of it finding 3 critical viruses (I mean ruin Boot.ini file on every shutdown type viruses), that McAfee completely missed.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    You guy's are kidding right ? I'm not worried about the few resources that my security suite uses , that's why I only use an all in one Internet Security like Eset .

Its my start time that kills because I use a Trojan program ( Trojan Remover ) and Malware program ( MalwareBits ) to help protect me . I have no issues with multitasking on this high end computer so find the less resource antivirus program a moot point .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    pureheart's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I think Avast is the anti-virus that uses the lowest memory !!
    Tried many of them, but have been using it for a while now.
    I recommend it for you
    Stand up for what you believe is right even if you're standing alone..

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lOlPT's Avatar n00b
    KIS 7!
    Lightweight and never gave me any trouble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast