Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serious Computer Problem

MusicChick's Avatar Poster
    I started having problems with my computer the other day after I went to altavista.com and some other crack websites. I've been having that annoying blue screen 'A fatal exeception has occurred at VHD' followed by some numbers. One time I started up the computer and while it was loading everything in the task bar, the blue screen came on. Then while I was online and was working on something in paintbrush, and nothing was downloading nor any program was starting up, the blue screen popped up again. The blue screen comes up alot and its driving me nuts. Also my screen freezes. Its never done this before except when Sygate Firewall is loading in the task bar and when Kazaa Lite first loads up, but when those programs load up its only for a second or two that it freezes.

Sometimes the whole screen will freeze including my cursor, then sometimes I can move the cursor, but do nothing else. Then today a box popped up and said 'explorer has performed an error and will be shut down', everything in the task bar went away execept for the sound icon and task manager icon. I load up programs and either it freezes or blue screen comes up. All these problems don't happen constantly but just enough to be a pain in the ass. I scanned my computer for viruses, and for spyware, and for trojans but I don't have any of those.

There was a program the other day that I found that was never there before which I posted about. I deleted it, though it wasn't spyware or a virus. Still don't know how it got on my computer. I've never had these problems before except for when I went to those websites. I just got this hard drive 2 months ago, and I ran scan disk and defragmenter for the first time. That sped it up but I still have the blue screen problem. What reason would the blue screen come up? Can someone please help me? Whoever does is a miracle worker. Thanks

btw Thanks for reading this. Sorry it was long.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Does so menu pop up saying you comp needs to shutdown? Did you update your defs before the scan? You may want to goto sysmatec.com and do research there.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@4 October 2003 - 02:27
    Does so menu pop up saying you comp needs to shutdown? Did you update your defs before the scan? You may want to goto sysmatec.com and do research there.
    I use Housecall Trend Micro. I guess I could scan again with them. btw does symatec have a free online scan?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yes i think they give free scans, takes hella long tho. I think theres a company called pcline that does a good online scan.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    GO here this look like a good online scan.

http://stop-sign.com/

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Out of The Ordinary
    Moved this to Softwareworld.

BOT

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    LeGoMyFnLeg
    A VHD with a bunch of numbers after it was a virtual hardware device last time i checked. But by all means take the advice of these experts and scan away! You wouldn't be the first to be so mislead by them. When you are finished such nonsense, you really should start uninstalling whatever crap you have installed lately in an effort to undo the damage you have caused.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I've uninstalled some programs that I've recently installed, which I thought might be causing the problem but that blue screen still comes up. Oh wait maybe it was VXD. I think that was it. Well its still an aggravating thing whatever it is.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I was just trying to help, its better then your advice. Now thats it see if she finds a virus, worm, whatever, and what not. Then will find out what we can do if it isnt.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    LeGoMyFnLeg
    I knew what you meant

Can you remove all devices and drivers and reinstall from a mainboard utility disk?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast