Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can i speed up decoding/ or decode later at a different computer?

Hey all

i have access to .edu computers with 100mb line but they are quite slow and i usually download for maybe 30 minutes then sit there for a hour decoding.

Alt.binz sits at 70% cpu constantlyish. Is there a way i could just download the "temp" files and then decode them at home?

I have a 120gb portable drive i use but for some reason in the past when ive tried to close alt binz and go it forgets what nzb's its loaded.

Im def willing to try differnet clients or debug settings

Thanks

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Use Newsbin Pro, and make use the the 'automatically decode completed files' option is not ticked. Its the best and lightest client I have ever used in my entire pirate life. hehe

pm me if you need the cracked version. one more thing you might need to do is defrag the computer you are working on.
    Pimpn aint easy ®

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    1. Upgrade to version 0.28.5 (it is on warezBB)

2. Go to Settings---> Misc.---> Misc. 2

3. Change Decoder Thread Priority to "Highest"

4. Change Download Head Priority to "Higher"

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post

It's also here

I use Newsleecher personally and for instance a TV show of 300mb only takes a few seconds. I don't have a top of the line computer either....you could leve it unticked and just extract in manually to. If you check all the boxes in Newsleecher it does everyting for you, repair, monitor, and extract....

Also, if you download quickpar and have it monitor par files it will do the same very very quickly repair and exrract, but if you have a slow computer, it won't change.
    [center]

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I use SABnzbd+, and it's very simple to do such a thing and can be made very portable and amazing to death if you feel upto a little bit of reading.

Educating yourself is a good thing to do anyway.

I like Python though. ;-)

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshot6473 View Post

It's also here

I use Newsleecher personally and for instance a TV show of 300mb only takes a few seconds. I don't have a top of the line computer either....you could leve it unticked and just extract in manually to. If you check all the boxes in Newsleecher it does everyting for you, repair, monitor, and extract....

Also, if you download quickpar and have it monitor par files it will do the same very very quickly repair and exrract, but if you have a slow computer, it won't change.
    always used to use Newsleecher, until I came across the 'pausing problem'

looking at their forums, others also have this prob but the makers ignore the complaints (not really on for a paying service)

switched to Newsbin Pro 6 months ago - it's a far better program (but without the nice interface)

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDOSE View Post
    Use Newsbin Pro, and make use the the 'automatically decode completed files' option is not ticked. Its the best and lightest client I have ever used in my entire pirate life. hehe

pm me if you need the cracked version. one more thing you might need to do is defrag the computer you are working on.
    yo, what version of newsbin pro do you have ? i might be interested
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    The newest version of altbinz has an upgraded decoding and par2 checking system.

Quote Originally Posted by altbinz
    + new faster multicore par2.exe inside altbinz
    * 400% decoding speedup
    + backup authentication server
    * more stable par2/unrar thread
    * connection panel resizing to 0 bug [Link]
    * double slash in nzbplay [Link]
    blah blah blah... whatever...

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    thanks for all of the responses. I think ill go with newsbin pro.

I use sabnzbd+ at home but i just needed a quicker client which wouldnt slow down by decoding as its more of a smash and grab sort of thing

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    anyone able to give me a copy of alt binz?

cheers lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast