Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: B.O. really likes this guy...

  1. #1
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    ...his new Green Jobs Czar, Van Jones.

    Seems like an amiable fellow.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt66eWnjoTo
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    You are needing to relax Kev. Trolling for for type of sh*t all the time can't be doing your blood pressure any good. I could send you some blood pressure pills. Save you paying for them. We get them for free* under the umbrella of the horrible NHS you have been told about.

    *We actually pay for them during our working years. We also pay for the NHS during our working years in the form of percentage of our wages to cover NHS, retirement pension, unemployment etc. Bit like communism you would say.
    Last edited by bigboab; 09-02-2009 at 09:14 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    ...his new Green Jobs Czar, Van Jones.

    Seems like an amiable fellow.
    Amiable and perceptive, what's not to like?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    How about his incredibly racist views just for starters? Or how about his self given appellation of "Communist"? Or his job for four years with STORM? A group "explicitly committed to revolutionary Marxist politics". And it isn't like this was 40 years ago; that would be scary enough. This was in the mid-90's FFS!

    This gives just a taste of this guys startling past. How does a man with that resume end up in the White House?



    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP1-tGQzO_0[/youtube]



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Right wingers are going to have to change the voting system in order to get a say. Keeping the 'first past the post' system is going to get you outvoted at every election. Immigration has meant that the majority of voters are now to the left. Wake up before it is too late. Proportional Representation is the only answer.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    How about his incredibly racist views just for starters? Or how about his self given appellation of "Communist"? Or his job for four years with STORM? A group "explicitly committed to revolutionary Marxist politics". And it isn't like this was 40 years ago; that would be scary enough. This was in the mid-90's FFS!

    This gives just a taste of this guys startling past. How does a man with that resume end up in the White House?



    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP1-tGQzO_0[/youtube]
    Goody.
    Glen Beck doesn't like him...that makes him OK in my book.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    How about his incredibly racist views just for starters? Or how about his self given appellation of "Communist"? Or his job for four years with STORM? A group "explicitly committed to revolutionary Marxist politics". And it isn't like this was 40 years ago; that would be scary enough. This was in the mid-90's FFS!

    This gives just a taste of this guys startling past. How does a man with that resume end up in the White House?



    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP1-tGQzO_0[/youtube]
    Goody.
    Glen Beck doesn't like him...that makes him OK in my book.

    So-

    You're okay with the communist ideal, huh?

    I see a bumper sticker that says "McCarthy never gave these poor guys a chance".

    Will they sue for reparations, I wonder.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15,388
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

    So-

    You're okay with the communist ideal, huh?
    Compared to the Republican version of democracy...yup.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Inside the house
    Posts
    906
    Like Barney Frank said, talking to this kind of people is like talking to a coffee table.
    I can't believe that Kev and company don't give it a rest already
    Last edited by pentomato; 09-03-2009 at 02:21 AM.

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Goody.
    Glen Beck doesn't like him...that makes him OK in my book.
    Or perhaps you'd like to see the same information on a neutral site?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Jones#Early_activism

    Or perhaps you prefer to listen to him say that white people are to blame for this or that....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em_B6fouTfk



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •