Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: B.O. really likes this guy...

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    I can't believe that Kev and company don't give it a rest already
    That's exactly what "they" want us to do.

yo

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    That's exactly what "they" want us to do.
    Who the voices?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

So-

You're okay with the communist ideal, huh?
    Compared to the Republican version of democracy...yup.
    So your indiscriminate hatred of republicans leads you to indiscriminately endorse communists.

Well done.

Like Barney Frank said, talking to this kind of people is like talking to a coffee table.
    They're so lucky to have you on their side.

A willingness to quote a coffee table like Barney Frank is a rare trait indeed.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready

So your indiscriminate hatred of republicans leads you to indiscriminately endorse communists.

Well done.
    There's nothing "indiscriminate" about my dislike of Repubs, I've spent a lot of time/effort honing it.

You and Skiz should take care...don't want you all tuckered out before you can start working for the Cheney/Palin ticket in 2012.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    As you know, Skiz and I are inexhaustable.

In 2012 we will support a candidate who can win, and victory shouldn't be much of a reach.

If I were you, I'd worry about next year, and never mind the republicans - watch out for the conservatives.

BTW-

Glad to have you finally acknowledge your commie-hood; it allows a certain shorthand in posting.
    Last edited by j2k4; 09-03-2009 at 11:32 AM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    As you know, Skiz and I are inexhaustable.

In 2012 we will support a candidate who can win, and victory shouldn't be much of a reach.

If I were you, I'd worry about next year.

BTW-

Glad to have you finally acknowledge your commie-hood; it allows a certain shorthand in posting.
    A very republican thing to say, if you don't like republicans you are a commie, hey let the buzz go, sooner or later they will find you, maybe in a bathroom, maybe in another country, that's they way your side likes it.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Compared to the Republican version of democracy...yup.

Well done.

Like Barney Frank said, talking to this kind of people is like talking to a coffee table.
    They're so lucky to have you on their side.

A willingness to quote a coffee table like Barney Frank is a rare trait indeed.
    Who sould I quote? Maybe any looser in the GOP? don't worry KEV, you guys won't have the great white hope any time soon.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    If I were you, I'd worry about next year, and never mind the republicans - watch out for the conservatives.
    Sorry, not going to "worry" about politics anymore.

On a side note...what's the difference between a republican and a conservative?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Without going and picking through better articulated definitions than I can usually muster, and in my own experiences, there is quite a bit of difference.

In the past few years I don't even call myself a Republican, but a conservative (who more closely relates to the Republican party than the Democratic).

I don't believe in any organized religion. I'm an evolutionist. In my mind it's been clearly proven. That belief separates me from much of the core foundation and constituency of the Republican party. They also speak of conservatism with regard to spending and laws but have done a poor job at demonstrating it.

For example, the recent "stimulus" bill had the eyes of the country on it. It was a bill that was the largest ever passed by not only our country, but of any country ever, and it went through without being fully read by a single member of Congress. That bill should have been a no-brainer for Republicans. It was the first big bill by Obama and the Dems, it was nothing but a spending bill through and through which was riddled with earmarks. If ever there was an obvious bill for Republicans to take a stance on and demonstrate their "conservative" beliefs, this was it. They should have all voted against it. It was the perfect opportunity to separate themselves from the Dems in the spotlight of the country. It was their chance to put their foot down and reestablish the parties beliefs and better emphasis the excessive spending of the Dems.

But they didn't.

That is the difference in Repubs and conservatives.

If you need a living example, look no further than my own Governor.

yo

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Without going and picking through better articulated definitions than I can usually muster, and in my own experiences, there is quite a bit of difference.

In the past few years I don't even call myself a Republican, but a conservative (who more closely relates to the Republican party than the Democratic).

I don't believe in any organized religion. I'm an evolutionist. In my mind it's been clearly proven. That belief separates me from much of the core foundation and constituency of the Republican party. They also speak of conservatism with regard to spending and laws but have done a poor job at demonstrating it.

For example, the recent "stimulus" bill had the eyes of the country on it. It was a bill that was the largest ever passed by not only our country, but of any country ever, and it went through without being fully read by a single member of Congress. That bill should have been a no-brainer for Republicans. It was the first big bill by Obama and the Dems, it was nothing but a spending bill through and through which was riddled with earmarks. If ever there was an obvious bill for Republicans to take a stance on and demonstrate their "conservative" beliefs, this was it. They should have all voted against it. It was the perfect opportunity to separate themselves from the Dems in the spotlight of the country. It was their chance to put their foot down and reestablish the parties beliefs and better emphasis the excessive spending of the Dems.

But they didn't.

That is the difference in Repubs and conservatives.

If you need a living example, look no further than my own Governor.
    And the conservatives are the one's that are pro family and take trips to Argentina to cheat on their wives, and the one's that are anti gay and go to public bathrooms looking for gay lovers? Ok, Ok now I know the difference.
    The definition of conservatives is total hipocresy.
    Last edited by lamuller; 09-03-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast