Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: B.O. really likes this guy...

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Get real. You can bash anyone for a number of things.

I could sit here and say Democrats leave injured women after car crashes and let them drown, or cite one of the many examples of a Democrat being unfaithful. I'm fairly certain Democrats don't stand for those things but I wouldn't say "Democrats are hypocrites" due to the transgressions of a few.

But that's different, right?

yo

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Goody.
    Glen Beck doesn't like him...that makes him OK in my book.
    Or perhaps you'd like to see the same information on a neutral site?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Jones#Early_activism
    OK, I read the wiki ...still don't see what the big deal is.
    Surely, Beck's discovery of communist art in Rockefeller Plaza trumps this.
    Oh and did you know...our tax dollars are going to a UNESCO program that tells kids that masturbation won't make them blind.
    Holy crap! Bring on the outrage!
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by lamuller View Post
    And the conservatives are the one's that are pro family and take trips to Argentina to cheat on their wives, and the one's that are anti gay and go to public bathrooms looking for gay lovers? Ok, Ok now I know the difference.
    The definition of conservatives is total hipocresy.
    No the definition of conservative is aspiration, a word with which you have no acquaintance, nodding or otherwise.

We get our own sorted sooner or later - we don't habitually excuse poor behavior, as you have done for years (and years) with the like of Barney Frank, you see.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    So, conservatives occupy the moral high ground, eh?
    "Don't habitually excuse poor behavior"?

Seems to me that conservatives will excuse any sort of behavior if it appears to forward their agenda.
    Clearly, out and out lying doesn't bother conservatives...see: "Death Panels" and "Birthers" for two recent examples.

Or, let's take the egregious politicization of even the most mundane...say, Obama's upcoming speech to schoolchildren.
    The President prepares to urge kids to apply themselves and take advantage of whatever educational opportunities still exist and the right goes nuts.
    When Reagan did the very same thing (and used the occasion to push his low tax agenda), apparently that was fine.

Seems to me that the current definition of conservative is "against anything Obama is for", regardless of the consequence.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    So, conservatives occupy the moral high ground, eh?
    "Don't habitually excuse poor behavior"?

Seems to me that conservatives will excuse any sort of behavior if it appears to forward their agenda.
    Then your perception is misleading you.

Conservatives condemn poor behavior, but hypocrisy is a human trait, one liberals only abide in other liberals.

As a conservative, I (for example) condemn Mark Sanford, and call for his ouster.

As a liberal, you sanction Barney Frank's gay basement brothel, and defend him to the death.

As a liberal, you excuse Charles Rangel's financial shenanigans, and likewise Nancy Pelosi's overlooking of the facts.

As a liberal, you don't mind Chris Dodd, et.al., receiving sweetheart deals on loans.

I could go on, but I have yet to witness your denunciation of any liberal trespass, as you prefer to reserve your outrage for "hypocritical" republicans.

Your "standards" (insofar as you can be said to possess any) are only selectively applied, you see?

I thought liberals were for fairness and equality.

Clearly, out and out lying doesn't bother conservatives...see: "Death Panels" and "Birthers" for two recent examples.
    "Death panels"?

"Birthers"?

Are those like "Truthers"?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Then your perception is misleading you.

Conservatives condemn poor behavior, but hypocrisy is a human trait, one liberals only abide in other liberals.

As a conservative, I (for example) condemn Mark Sanford, and call for his ouster.
    That's odd.
    Among all the Fox News drivel you post I have yet to see you "condemn" Sanford.
    Maybe you were whispering.

As a liberal, you sanction Barney Frank's gay basement brothel, and defend him to the death.
    Again, very odd.
    Perhaps you can repost the thread where I defended Barney Frank (and my subsequent death, apparently).

As a liberal, you excuse Charles Rangel's financial shenanigans, and likewise Nancy Pelosi's overlooking of the facts.

As a liberal, you don't mind Chris Dodd, et.al., receiving sweetheart deals on loans.

I could go on, but I have yet to witness your denunciation of any liberal trespass, as you prefer to reserve your outrage for "hypocritical" republicans.
    And your shots from the moral high ground aimed at Conservatives/repubs?
    I recall one fairly tepid comment about Bush but only after he'd already wreaked havoc for eight years.
    Seems it took you a long time to decide he wasn't a "true" conservative after all.

Your "standards" (insofar as you can be said to possess any) are only selectively applied, you see?

I'd say my standards are about on par with yours.
    Whether either of us have any is debatable, of course.

"Death panels"?

"Birthers"?

By conservative standards, apparently, yes.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    That's odd.
    Among all the Fox News drivel you post I have yet to see you "condemn" Sanford.
    Maybe you were whispering.
    I did it when I posted just then, didn't I?

Do you require reproduction of an historical document in order for it to be true?

Again, very odd.
    Perhaps you can repost the thread where I defended Barney Frank (and my subsequent death, apparently).
    I can't let you get away with that.

You have attempted on other occasions to defend Barney Frank (the Fannie/Freddie thread leaps to mind), who exercises his "I'm queer and thus protected - what's it to you" personna when "lecturing" anyone who questions him about anything at all.

This trait is somehow interpreted by liberals as evidence of incredible intelligence.

The pure fact is Mr. Frank's intelligence is unexceptional; he's just gay...and therefore beyond reproach.

You totally miss my point, which is as follows:

You have never (never, never at all) roused yourself to criticize a democrat/liberal/progressive anywhere on the board, at any time, yet you expend all sorts of effort to roundly criticize even those who criticize liberals, all the while giving it to every republican who walks by as well.

I, on the other hand, have started and participated in several long-running threads wherein I criticized many on both sides.

And your shots from the moral high ground aimed at Conservatives/repubs?

I recall one fairly tepid comment about Bush but only after he'd already wreaked havoc for eight years.
    Seems it took you a long time to decide he wasn't a "true" conservative after all.
    You missed alot, didn't you?

I'd say my standards are about on par with yours.
    Whether either of us have any is debatable, of course.
    Correct form dictates I grant this small (tiny, really) point.

"Death panels"?

"Birthers"?

By conservative standards, apparently, yes.
    If it all really just comes down to that, you could ring down the entire thread merely by publishing the least complaint about a liberal...but then, nothing is ever quite that easy, is it.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    So, I'm a partisan fanboi and you- much like Fox News- are "fair and balanced".
    Pardon me while I chuckle into my bourbon.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Bourbon.

You, sir, have changed the subject.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    I am a liberal, so it's allowed.
    Same as drinking bourbon at 9 AM...it's in the U.S.S. Constitution.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast